Petplans, Freestyle and Regionals!

Tempi

Visit site
Bloss has had lots of time off through injury recently and hasn't competed for 2 months so we had a bit of a confidence run at Sparsholt last weekend in the Elementary Petplan and Elementary Freestyle - Petplan not so good, as I thought she had lost ring confidence and retreated into herself and wouldnt move forwards. Ele Freestyle the next day was better for a 68%, still not as good as I hoped though.

Moving forwards to yesterday where we went to Wellington to contest the same classes. Warmed up really well (it was seriously hot!!) and then in the Petplan she dropped right behind my leg and I thought score of 63/64 and I ended on 63.97 which was accurate for the test (which was serious hard work on my part!!)

Had an hr and a half inbetween tests so washed her down and we all had a snooze in the sunshine! Warmed up nicely again for the Ele Freestyle (although the heat got to us both a bit, shes a bit fatter than I would like aswell due to all her time off recently - she only had staples taken out of her hind quarters 10days ago). Anyway, Freestyle went really well and I was very pleased with her. Was a hotly contested large class and as shes a little coblet wasnt expecting to get placed.

On way back from the Freestyle heard my name being called for the prize giving for the Petplan, we had come 8th!! Had our photo taken - very hot, sweaty and red in the face!!:

http://www.nicolaelliottphotography.co.uk/photo16114817.html

Went back to the lorry and bathed (both of us!!) then mooched over to see scores, we got 72.37% and came 2nd so qualified for the Elementary Freestyle Regionals!! :D :D So proud of her, not many 20yr old horses are out getting scores like that after having 2 foals.

So now im chasing Elementary qualification for the Regionals aswell, in the hope we might have 2 classes to do when we are there. As we've been competing at Medium will be backing off that a bit so I can stay restricted Elementary until after the Regionals. I think we have about 4 points left in the 'buffer zone' so I will be saving those for the moment!

Other news is that Jups is off to his first party this weekend, he tends to retract into himself when out in new places and goes very wobbly and baby on me, so not expecting big things just feel hes at the stage where he can go out and start competing now.

For news and updates on my horses, and info on clinics/lessons/training please 'like' my Facebook page (shameless plug!) - www.facebook.com/ajgdressagetraining

Tempi

Visit site
Well done! Thats a great result :)

Thank you :)

well done! Love to hear of "older" horses doing so well....

She definitely does it for the oldies, love her!

Darling Bloss. How wonderful to hear of her out and about again.

She loves going to parties still, although she does loose confidence if shes not been out for a while.

Well done!! And congrats on the scores :)

Thank you!