Pg 38 of H&H...anyone else notice?

Starzaan

Visit site
Did anyone else notice the bloody foam around the mouth of that pretty bay on the left? Why on earth is it in a snaffle if matey has to haul on it's gob that much? Now, I know it COULD be something like a burst blood vessel in the nose etc....but I don't think it is.

It makes me SO CROSS when people refuse to put anything other than a snaffle in their horses' mouths, and then cut them to ribbons. I've worked for someone who did this frequently, and it was so awful having to send horses out with sore mouths.

GRRRR. Rant over. Sorry... FF not going to well, I think I might be a tad tetchy!

Starzaan

Visit site
When the foam is full of blood, this is a BAD thing.

Foamy foam is good generally, BLOODY foam is never, EVER ok in my opinion.

maletto

Visit site
Could haev been an honest mistake - somehow my boy ended up with some blood in his mouth when we were hacking once.

I couldn't for the life of me work out what it was because nowhere seemed to be bleeding.

I concluded that it was a thorn or something because he didn't seem in pain and i'd been hacking round on the buckle.

But I haven't seen the pic in H&H so can't really comment!

Totally agree people should bit as necessary to avoid hauling on the poor ponies' gobs

Starzaan

Visit site
I completely understand that sometimes there's a completely innocuous reason for blood in a horse's mouth. My boy once managed to bite his tongue in excitement when he was pratting around, and I've never seen so much blood!

It just makes me cross when you see people hauling about and doing damage to their horses. And I'm in a bad mood...so being ratty and irritating!

Starzaan

Visit site
It's a hunting report pic. Way to go H&H, great picture selection there, brilliant advert for the sport:rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly! Even if there's a completely innocent explanation for the blood, it still doesn't look very good....

guy on the right is a bit of alright though...

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
It looks like a gag to me - which appears to be the bit of choice for all of them in the picture. A little bit of blood goes a long way and it may look worse than it was (who knows?) but an unfortunate picture to use in the magazine I think.

Allover

Visit site
Nahhh, looks a bit young and tender, I might break him **fnarrrr fnarrrr**

Break him or break him in, fnarrrr fnarrrrr!!!! :D

Starzaan how you doing now? Apart from being irritated with FF (does this mean he was at last lured by your fabulous Morags?)

Starzaan

Visit site
On closer inspection, it does look like a gag...but still, GRRRR!

And Allover...I'm still a sick one sadly, still smacked off my morags on the drugs, but getting there slowly.

FF was SORT of, ALMOST lured by my morags, and now he's being an arse and I'm feeling like an arse for wasting so much time on him....but I'm sure that the moment he stops being an arse my slaggy morags will take over and I'll go and jump into his lap like a tart.

billy2

Visit site
I suppose it WAS blood? There's a tree my boys like snacking on that makes the saliva turn red,as I often have to explain to people who say, 'your horse's mouth is bleeding...'

giveachance

Visit site
I have generally found that bloody foam (if it is actually blood) tends to be from a horse biting its tongue, horses with ripped mouths from the bit very rarely have any blood in their mouths.

JessandCharlie

Visit site
Starzaan, Spud, that's MY boyfriend!

Only kidding :D

I think whether it's blood or not, it still appears to be blood, and that's not exactly the picture we wish to paint about hunting, or horse riding in general.
Not the best choice of photo :(

J&C

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Did anyone else notice the bloody foam around the mouth of that pretty bay on the left? Why on earth is it in a snaffle if matey has to haul on it's gob that much? Now, I know it COULD be something like a burst blood vessel in the nose etc....but I don't think it is.

GRRRR. Rant over. Sorry... FF not going to well, I think I might be a tad tetchy!

Don't rant unless you know the full details and 'matey' as you called him is a superb horseman, he doesn't need to 'haul on the gob' on any horse.

Starzaan

Visit site
Maesfen, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, him, or anyone else. I'm trying to say that, blood or no blood, it LOOKS like blood, and that isn't the sort of picture we want published to promote our sport.

If I noticed it in my drugged up haze then I'm sure antis would notice it too.

Bedtime for me. Morphine is my friend.

Rosehip

Visit site
Wayyhayy! Starzaan! Thought you'd beggered off this mortal coil! Missed you! Sure that you've been here all along and Ive been all madlesbiany and missed you completely! :)
I havent seen inside the front cover yet - saving it for a cupa and biccys in bed! (I have simple tastes) -but is it just me or is the horse on the cover faaaaaaaaaat??? :)

Starzaan

Visit site
Wayyhayy! Starzaan! Thought you'd beggered off this mortal coil! Missed you! Sure that you've been here all along and Ive been all madlesbiany and missed you completely! :)
I havent seen inside the front cover yet - saving it for a cupa and biccys in bed! (I have simple tastes) -but is it just me or is the horse on the cover faaaaaaaaaat??? :)

BEYOND fat. I'm sure someone will get cross with me for saying that now too. Hence why I've been lying lower than a low thing.

BOOOOOOOOO. FF is being a tool Rosehip, come and beat him to a bloody pulp.

glenruby

Visit site
I havent seen the photo. However, with my old pony she used to often come back from hnting with blood in her mouth. Reason being our hunt did a lot of drain hopping and there were a huge amount of briars. She had her lower lip stitched back together on 3 occasions after being torn by thorney briars. Must have been her size as its never happened to me on any other horse. Never once did she bleed from the corners of her mouth or was it in anyway bit related (I always hunt on the buckle).

Bills

Visit site
FF is 'Fit Farrier'

How is that all going with FF anyway my dear Starzaan?!

And how are you more importantly? Still on the horrid druggies?