phyiso and riding after and how may sesions

Loan?

• Total voters

RachelB

Visit site
Both questions - it entirely depends upon the horse in question and what the therapist recommends
smile.gif

_Acolyte_

Visit site
I would take the physio/chiropractors advice but would never work a horse straight away - usually I have been advised to give them 2 days off following treatment

Chumsmum

Visit site
For both questions it depends on the treatment and what physio says but I would say a couple of days rest minimum even if no problems and take it easy on them too.

If no problems I would expect just one visit per year, if problems maybe 2/3 visits initially and maybe a follow up visit after 6 months?

loopylucifer

Visit site
thanks everyone kind of what i was thinking and what i have always as done day off then few easy days. friend was insiting stright bk to normal work as was sort of impling i was being to soft. so thanks for conferming what i throught

EmbarrassingEllie

Visit site
Hi just going by my experience I was three sessions after a too long gap before I was told to give the physio a call in 6 months and was advised to give her a day off and then take her for a nice hack.

ironhorse

Visit site
Mine has a day off but is turned out (indiv turnout and she's quiet, wouldn't want them galloping about) and then a couple of quiet days. Might be very quiet this time as we've got more snow forecast.
She tends to see the physio every 3-4mths as she has an old hock injury that she 'protects', thus putting strain on her pelvis.

monstermunch

Visit site
I have to say this is a bit like a "how long is a piece of string" question. It entirely depends on the horses situtions, exactly what the therapsit finds, and hoe the horse reacts to treatment. There really is no general answer. If your horse is injured a good 4-6 sessions may be needed. If they're not injured then it could be just a couple. Just like if yoy had a good beating up from a therapist you probably wouldn't want to do anything athletic the day after, although gentle walking probably wouldn't harm. There is an argument either way as depends on your own horses situation. Sorry not much help. Guess what i'm trying to say is that you and your friend probably differ becasuse your situations are different
smile.gif