Piccies of my two - GSD alert (!) and a 'name that breed?'

katie4002

Visit site
Hi All

Been on here a while lurking, even more so recently as have a dissertation to write for my masters degree, nothing like a bit of procrastination....

Well, further to my query a few weeks back about two bitches together, the opportunity passed by to rehome the other GSD, and we instead adopted a little male from the local rescue kennels. :eek:

Cayla has been much help in sorting the initial issues out!:D

Without further ado, I introduce Meg (GSD) and Rupert (x??)

Apologies if the photos are huge....

photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

CAYLA

Visit site
Wow, what lovely doggies:) I would say the newby is a s.b.t x gsd:) that pic of them tucked up is gorgeous:) Rupert landed squarely on his feet;)

So u will be joining the GSD mafia then:rolleyes::D

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Shame they don't get on together! :D;) What a lovely girl Meg is, looks like she is almost a bi colour. I agree with Cayla, Rupert does look as if he has staffy and shepherd in there.

katie4002

Visit site
Just had a proper look at your girl's ears...WOW!!! :p

LOL! They are massive aren't they! Thought she'd grow into them but they just kept growing! :D

MM - we'd never heard of 'bi-coloured' before, :eek: just thought she was an unusually dark one! Just googled it and yes I think that's pretty much what she looks like.:cool:

Thanks for all the comments and feedback on Rupert's breeding, that's what we thought as well, not sure if there was a bit of lab rather than staff as they sometimes have the fairly chunky heads as well... but probably just trying to convince ourselves on that one! Whatever is in there is very very active - never seen a dog run like him! :eek::)

katie4002

Visit site
Couple more of meg just to show her ears in proportion to her body :D as well as her tarheels and pencil toes (just about)....

photo-2.jpg

Note destroyed football in background, which lasted all of about 10 seconds before madam punctured it to death.

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

:D

katie4002

Visit site
No problem - my OH acquired her at 4 weeks old :eek::eek: as one of the litter died and the mother abandoned the rest of the puppies :(

She seems none the worse for it - no issues with separation etc - the only strange thing that she does that I think is probably a result of being weaned too early is that she likes to suck on her bed like it's a 'comfort' blanket - and anything else of a similar fabric (think 'faux fur'/fleece type fabrics)... slippers, blankets, cushions, etc!!

They were bred in Warwickshire, just outside Coventry.