Pickle - 4 weeks 1 day old :O) lots more pics!

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
We went to see Pickle again yesterday and she is getting very big! the breeder has had an op on her hand so I was able to going in to get her today. She is the biggest of the puppies, the lightest in colouring too. The others are doing to be a lot darker roan where as I think that Pickle is going to be more black and white with a roany face and front legs.

She is just scrummy and has started weaning too. She was covered in food!! in her head,ears, legs, back everywhere!!

We have been and bought her crate, bed, bowls etc today and they are set up in the lounge already :rolleyes: only 4 more weeks to go until we can bring her home!!!

Hope you enjoy the pics :D

Sorry there are so many, I just couldn't choose between the 50 odd we took today!!

DPP_0489.jpg

DPP_0494.jpg

DPP_0492.jpg

DPP_0498.jpg

Pickle with her Mummy

DPP_0500.jpg

I've had enough of pictures now!!

DPP_0510.jpg

oh ok, just one more :D

DPP_0525.jpg

Sorry for the mammoth amount of pics!!

Last edited:

numptynoelle

Visit site
*swoons*

*falls off chair*

She just gets more gorgeous everyday doesn't she? :D I still think her ears would taste of chocolate :eek: Mum is stunning too, obviously runs in the family!

Have no idea how you will manage to wait another 4 weeks...I'd just have stuffed her up my sleeve and ran!! :eek: :eek:

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
LOL, thank you xx she just smells so scrummy and her Mum is gorgeous too, we are very lucky :D

I have no idea how hubby is going to wait another 4 weeks, this is next to his end of the sofa!! He is just a teeny bit excited!!

IMG_9274.jpg

Elle123

www.ellaporterphotography.co.uk
Nawwwwww. She's the splitting image of Pixel when she was that age. She was the biggest too! :D wonder if they're gonna be a similar colour.

My Mr was like that too! Wait till the night before, kid at Xmas is an understatement!!!!

Elle
X

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Thank you xxx Pixel is a gorgeous colour, I'd be happy for her to have the same colouring :D Hope that Pixel is doing well and adapting? actually she doesn't have any adapting to do does she, its us humans! xxx

Spudlet

Visit site
I actually had a sharp intake of breath when I saw those pics, how gorgeous!

Of course she will grow into an absolute horror like mine, so I think you had better post her over to me immediately. I will send you my address:D

numptynoelle

Visit site
Had to sneak another peek.... :eek:

Personally, I think she's going to be such a monster, it's best I keep her tucked away up here away from you all :p

It will be hard but I'm willing to make that sacrifice for you all :D

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I actually had a sharp intake of breath when I saw those pics, how gorgeous!

Of course she will grow into an absolute horror like mine, so I think you had better post her over to me immediately. I will send you my address:D

:D You are so kind and thoughtful, saving me from stress and sleepless nights!! I look forward to receiving your address ;)

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Had to sneak another peek.... :eek:

Personally, I think she's going to be such a monster, it's best I keep her tucked away up here away from you all :p

It will be hard but I'm willing to make that sacrifice for you all :D

Wow so many kind and thoughtfull offers, you are all just so unselfish and willing to bear other peoples crosses :D

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
She is gooooorgeous!! :D I had my crate and toys all set up the night before we went to get Otto, I don't think I slept much at all!

But Kirsty, she doesn't come for ANOTHER 4 WEEKS!!!! Hubby thinks that we needed to get it all and put it together so we can 'get used to it' and rearrange the room :rolleyes: yeah that took all of 20 mins!!!

Puppy

Visit site
Nawwww, so very cute!! :D I have the two poplets cuddled up next to me on the sofa right now - Puppy cuddle are the best! FACT! :D

Ravenwood

Visit site
Awwwww :D

Isn't she just the cutest :D

I just love all the pictures on the wall in that room - obviously very dedicated breeders!

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
They are very dedicated and caring breeders. The lady is very picky over who she lets have her pups. She has to meet you before you go on her waiting list and she has no qualms about saying no to peeps if she doesn't think they are suitable. She has bred over 800 pups in her many, many years of breeding and is due to retire soon, but doesn't know if she'll be able to stop!! She really is a lovely lady, as is her husband. They love their dogs to bits and it shows too :D

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I bet she is thrilled you are having one of her puppies, you seem to be offering the sort of home all breeders dream of. Imho there is nothing better from a breeders point of view than a new owner who wants to visit all the time, take pics etc, apart from anything else its how puppy owners become good friends:)

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Thank you

Luckily the breeder encourages you to go as often as you can to visit your puppy. We take our own blankets and that way she thinks the puppy gets used to your smell and it isn't so hard for them when we take them home as they have a little familiararity (sp?) Its lovey too to see her growing each week. We love it :O)

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
One thing that I was surprised at though is that the puppy doesn't come vaccinated. Apparentley there are a couple of options now with regards to vaccinations and she thinks that it should be our choice which one we chose. She will be fully wormed though. I need to ring our vets this morning and see what they suggest.

Anyone got any views on this?

Last edited:

MurphysMinder

Visit site
As long as my pups went at 8 weeks I never had them vaccinated. As Pickles breeder says different vets vaccinate at different times, mine prefer to do the first at older than 8 weeks. When I got Evie at just under 8 weeks from another breeder she had already had her first jab. Best thing as you say is to speak to your own vet and see what they suggest.

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Thank you :O)

I haven't had a puppy for 14 years and was not sure of the protocol!! I will give my vet a ring.

I had a search on here as well and there is lots of info on different courses of action. I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks again xx

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I've just spoken to my vets and booked her in for her first jab when she is 9 weeks old. They said if we really wanted to they would vacc her on the day we brought her home but they think it is kinder and less stressfull if we let her settle in before taking her to them. The stress factor can occasionally have an affect on the vaccine plus we are very likely to give her a bad upset tummy!! She will be able to book into a Puppy Party as well when she had had her vacc. Our vets do one a month for puppies that have been vacc at their clinic, its for a couple of hours in the evening :O)

Native Speaker

Visit site
Been offline for a few days (very stressful house move underway, but that's another story;)), so I've only just seen your piccys......

And what lovely ones they are, too. Piccy number 2 does it for me - actually gave me a moist eye!:eek::D

Gorgeous, gorgeous little Pickle! :D