Pics of your Connies!

PSD

Visit site
Fantastic news that she passed the vetting. Fingers crossed for the HWSD test, she’s a lovely colour.

J&S

Visit site
The one and only time i drove around very rural Connemara - there was a connie pony and donkey on the side of the road/ wild lands beside road - they wandered onto the road, forcing me to stop the car….wound down the windows to say hi and their noses poked inside having a good sniff!
Don’t know if they were owned, just let loose or ’wild’ - turned-out onto the vast wild lands there for the summer. We didn’t pass another car for miles and miles, so possibly owned yet allowed to be wild on the common lands of thousands of acres.
I’m amazed such a ‘fine’ pony hails from a really challenging wild climate.

Haha! This is not horsey, but.... reminds me of a time in Ireland back in the 60's. We drove from Dublin to Sligo and the only car we saw was going backwards on the wrong side of the road! We stopped at a pub for a drink and a game of darts and I think the locals thought we had come from the moon. (A bunch of musicians and trendy Londoners).

PurBee

Visit site
Haha! This is not horsey, but.... reminds me of a time in Ireland back in the 60's. We drove from Dublin to Sligo and the only car we saw was going backwards on the wrong side of the road! We stopped at a pub for a drink and a game of darts and I think the locals thought we had come from the moon. (A bunch of musicians and trendy Londoners).

?? i can imagine! Even some irish from other counties get strange stares from locals in the backwater pubs! ??
There’s a fair bit more traffic now, but still really quite minimal compared with the uk. Often there’s a news article about a car travelling the wrong way down a road…some things dont change!??

GreyMane

Visit site
?? i can imagine! Even some irish from other counties get strange stares from locals in the backwater pubs! ??
There’s a fair bit more traffic now, but still really quite minimal compared with the uk. Often there’s a news article about a car travelling the wrong way down a road…some things dont change!??

Friends of mine in rural Ireland once went into a pub which, like the others they'd been in, was very small and didn't have a sign outside. They took what was offered, feeling a bit disappointed that there was only 1 sort of beer available. When they asked what they owed, they were told, "I don't know, this is my house!"

PurBee

Visit site
Friends of mine in rural Ireland once went into a pub which, like the others they'd been in, was very small and didn't have a sign outside. They took what was offered, feeling a bit disappointed that there was only 1 sort of beer available. When they asked what they owed, they were told, "I don't know, this is my house!"

???

That’s so funny….for a long time there were many private houses that had a beer pump in the living room and they’d be known as the local pub! Sometimes you still see ‘pub’ signs in the front windows of old houses.
The tradition for entertainment was for locals to visit each others houses at the weekend and all have a sing along and a wee jig!
There was a sweet video uploaded to youtube about it i saw a while back…ill post it if i can find it.