Pictures: horses and wedding dresses

niko

Visit site
Well I am over the moon as I write this. The day was busy with me preparing and scrubbing horses and dogs (not to mention myself....to which everyone else looked cleaner)!!
I had my mum, dad& husband briefed to what to do etc what potentially could go wrong and what to do if he done anything (prob more for my piece of mind that I had covered all eventualities to ward anything off!). Unfortunately it poured all morning and I prayed it would clear up, it dried and give us a two hour window. We arrived at the farmers field I had kindly begged to&he saw the field and rubbed his hooves together, needless to say he had to get a major blow out and suddenly had limited breaking. Now this just shows what a gentleman he is as he changed as soon as I dawned the dress, I don't think he has been as gentle, soft and responsive when I really needed him to be.
I can't express what a joy this horse is and handsome to boot (but then I am biased). I wanted my dog on the shots as she is 10, has took me to crufts on numerous occasions and the apple of my eye too.
We got the pics underway after I sponged him off after being sweaty, changing in the horsebox was hilarious and never thought my dress would be treated like a pair of jods!!!
We started with the ground shots and had to be quick, he wanted to keep moving. We done some walking shots which were rather difficult as my dress was so big he walked on it a couple of times and I stopped rather abruptly. For never seeing or hearing the dress he was unflappable. I got a leg up and as there was so much dress I couldn't sit until it was pulled from under me. Now what he star as he stood while people hauled, pulled and flapped around and eventually got on the saddle, my heart was in my mouth as I NEVER ride without a hat&i wouldn't have done this if we didn't have the bond we do as probably the biggest test he will encounter.
My veil was huge, it touched the ground from the head with me on him, so with that, my dress and some wind he took his role and showed what he was made of and that he is everything I knew he was.
He was so easy!!! He has been out for 6mths through my illness and wedding planning that this was the fourth time being back into work. I know when u get a good ex racer you wouldn't go back.
The pictures mean the world to me as I know I am on borrowed time. I lost two horses this year&to have these pictures for a special time in my life&share it with them,I cannot express how they will be cherished.
Oh but that doesn't mention how my dress is in the bath tub after being so long the under later got pooped on.....how oh how do u get stains off your whites??
I haven't got the pro pics yet, just ones my husband had taken, so here is an insight, hope u think the same as me-
http://s352.photobucket.com/user/fleur01_photos/media/Mobile Uploads/image-1.jpg.html

Bluesmum

Visit site
You all look amazing!
Can I suggest you try soaking with that new vanish gold stain remover after gently massaging some in? Works on white school shirts and blackberries! Then cool wash by hand? Used normal vanish bar on my wedding dress hem. But the gold stuff, still in pink bottle but with gold top, miles better. :)

niko

Visit site
Thank you for all your responses and kind words. I am just delighted to have captured them both in the image that I see them!
Looking at the pictures, still the only two I have :-( I can't believe how much my dress is under him :-/ what a saint cantering around like he was being schooled.
My dress was Ronald Joyce and was just off the catwalk apparently so never been seen (not that I care and now has been pooped on, whoops!!!)
I have it now soaking in vanish gold so keep all crossed it comes back to it's glory. And Monty has had lots of cuddles and treats for being such a star :)