Pictures of Injuries?

Baileysmidmag

Visit site
Hey :) Was just wondering if you guys could help me out.....i've been running sessions for Pony Club, just little achievement badges and wanted to do equine first aid. We are in a classroom type arrangement and just wanted to take some pictures in on my lap top to show them, anyone got any particulary grusome ones or just any injuries that i could show them? Please could you maybe add how that injury was treated?

Thankyou!x

bigboyrocky

Visit site
Annoyingly this was after it was stitched! But my stoopid horse (when he was an accident prone 4yo!) bucked and came down on then post and rail fencing, pulling half the skin on his legs off with it! Luckily just missed the muscle, but was very gruesome when it was all open!

036.jpg

liannexsx

Visit site
picture.php

picture.php

this is a month after the initial injury. she kicked through an electric wire fence (we think). the top injury had to be stitched. the vet had to connect both injuries (amazingly were seperate) to provide a drain. it was then dressed and bandaged for 3.5 weeks, getting changed every 2/3 days and the vet out around 7 times through this.
this pic is just after the stitches came out. she's been on box rest for a month and bute and antibiotics all this time. she is still on box rest but is now having the area bathed daily and sprayed with 'blue spray' - cant remember ingredients but its for cows, sheep, pigs.
vet reckons it may not scar too badly as she is only 18 months old. proud flesh seems to have shrunk back.
its been very stressful - especially as whilst on boxrest she managed to puncture front leg, needing to dress that too and once dressing off she decided to lick it better and opened it all again!!!