Pictures: Wish Upon A Star Yearling and Grafenstolz 2yo

Baydale

Visit site
Haven't posted in here for a while but thought you might like to see my little ones, especially now that they're not covered in a layer of mud. :rolleyes:

Gertie Grafenstolz first, full of "look at me" attitude:

picture.php

Wallace WUAS, Wally to his friends:

picture.php

picture.php

How are everyone else's of that age looking? I'm pleased with the stamp of them and think they might be what I want to take eventing in a few years time. :)

Baydale

Visit site
Thank you both. I'm not very good at looking at them with a critical eye, especially at that age - this breeding lark is very new to me. ;)

Baydale

Visit site
I love Wallace but doesn't Grace stamp them herself too?

And where's Myrtle??

She does, yes, in a good way I hope? :)

Myrtle is back in work: first xc schooling session tomorrow and been doing gridwork today...I'm learning to love small horses now. ;) Will post some photos of her soon.

Thistle

Visit site
They have wintered very well. Wallace looks very similar to Diddy, Wallabees playmate, he was 16th May I think, so a similar age. My Wally is very bum high atm.

Have you weaned the boy yet? Or gelded him.

I think Wallabee will be gelded the week after next, he will be 9 months and is starting to be a PITA

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Definitely in a good way, she's a cracking mare.

Will look forward to Myrtle pictures, nice to know she's going well. Kitty is off to school soon, quite nervous about sending her off with her suitcases packed.

Baydale

Visit site
Thistle, he's weaned now - Grace was more upset than he was, but I imagine revenge will be hers when he has his nuts off soon. :p

Thanks, Maesfen, she definitely earns her keep with what she produces. Poor Kitty, real life will be a bit of a shock I imagine. ;)

Foxfolly

Visit site
Both lovely looking types, especially the graf baby, very smart!!

All our babies are looking a bit like hairy elks... but here is one of our 2yo's, very pleased with his type although the monster has just managed to get a nasty cut on the inside of his knee and thrown a small splint at the same time... not lame so he'll be fine but they do like to do these things to themselves!!

Nikon438-1.jpg

Baydale

Visit site
Thistle, I don't know how tall he is because my internal measuring stick is warped by our huge hunters. :rolleyes:

Thanks, FB, she definitely has a bit of dressage diva about her but I'm hoping she'll be a jumper too. If not I shall send her in your direction... ;)

Thanks, GT_02, I am very pleased with them and can't believe how the time flies - although I've been sidetracked by The Other Thing for 18 months I guess. :mad:

Baydale

Visit site
Both lovely looking types, especially the graf baby, very smart!!

All our babies are looking a bit like hairy elks... but here is one of our 2yo's, very pleased with his type although the monster has just managed to get a nasty cut on the inside of his knee and thrown a small splint at the same time... not lame so he'll be fine but they do like to do these things to themselves!!

Nikon438-1.jpg

Thanks Ff, who's your 2yo by please? I don't suppose you've come across any nice Busk Hill Gunnar offspring have you, seeing as he's a local stallion to you?

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Cannot believe how much Wallace has changed from when I saw him. Gertie looks really smart.

christine48

Visit site
Thanks, c48, handsome is as handsome does but you'd hope they could both be eventers, wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

They definitely look the type to go eventing. They are both stunning, what's the mare they are out of? Look forward to seeing you out and about on them in a couple of years time!!
Will you break them in yourself?

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I really like the Graf youngster (and trust me, if I say that I mean it as I dislike his obnoxious owner!) it looks to have a real prescence and nice shape. The other I think will look better as a four year old, very hard to assess at that age, but WUAS himself I have heard nothing but great reports about especially XC.
A couple with real potential there I'd say...

Foxfolly

Visit site
Thanks Ff, who's your 2yo by please? I don't suppose you've come across any nice Busk Hill Gunnar offspring have you, seeing as he's a local stallion to you?

He's by my boy Mr Darco, out of a Marsoom mare.
But yes my friend has 2 by Busk Hill Gunnar, a 5yo filly and a 2/3yo filly, out of different mares but both nice types.

Baydale

Visit site
I really like the Graf youngster (and trust me, if I say that I mean it as I dislike his obnoxious owner!) it looks to have a real prescence and nice shape. The other I think will look better as a four year old, very hard to assess at that age, but WUAS himself I have heard nothing but great reports about especially XC.
A couple with real potential there I'd say...

Thanks, hh, she certainly has something about her, hence why she'll be sent away for backing next year. :p I think Wallace has a lot of growing to do before I know what kind of horse I've got.

Baydale

Visit site
They definitely look the type to go eventing. They are both stunning, what's the mare they are out of? Look forward to seeing you out and about on them in a couple of years time!!
Will you break them in yourself?

I'm far too old and accident-prone to back them myself! ;) I'd love to do some young horse classes with them both if they're the right type and ready for them.

Baydale

Visit site
He's by my boy Mr Darco, out of a Marsoom mare.
But yes my friend has 2 by Busk Hill Gunnar, a 5yo filly and a 2/3yo filly, out of different mares but both nice types.

He's quite chunky for a 2yo, but then Gertie Grafenstolz is a very girly girl. There's no chance of her ever being a hunter for my OH if she's not an eventer!