Pikeur technical show jacket sizing

Polos

Visit site
Hi,

I’m in need of a black show jacket and have my eye on one of the new black technical jackets they are bringing out in the summer. Now I’ve no idea what size I will be (I’m nowhere near a tack shop that stocks them) and as I will be pre ordering it I need to get the size right! I currently have animo show jackets atm and wear I42 and I44 which I understand is a 10 and a 12 and I’d say the 12 in animo fits me better but I know they come up small.

I can’t find a size guide for animo that gives the bust measurement and since I am 300 miles away from home I can’t measure mine. Does anyone know what size id need in pikeur?

Does pikeur come up big or small?

rosiesowner

Visit site
If it's any help I'm usually a size 10 on top but wear a size 38 in my Pikeur jacket, which according to this chart is a 14. It was the same in the one I borrowed off a friend for a while as the one I just bought. What I found after trying a lot on is they all vary in length too. Let me leave you with this size chart while I find the names of ones I know came up long or shorter in the body.
Pikeur_Clothing.jpg

Not sure if this will help either, but my bra size is a 34B and my new jacket fits really well across my chest.

rosiesowner

Visit site
Okay, so, here are some that I know from my trying on research come up either long or short on my body :p For context, I'm 5'7" and have a long-ish torso and prefer them to fit a bit longer.
Short:
-Radina
-Sarissa
Long:
-Quibelle
-Saphira
-Klea

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Okay, so, here are some that I know from my trying on research come up either long or short on my body :p For context, I'm 5'7" and have a long-ish torso and prefer them to fit a bit longer.
Short:
-Radina
-Sarissa
Long:
-Quibelle
-Saphira
-Klea
Ooh, you're the same shape and height as me. I agree that pikeur come up small.

oldie48

Visit site
Hi I'd also agree that Pikeur comes up a bit small, I've got the Romina in a 44 which relates to a size 16. or 40" bust. there's some good deals around currently, just seen the Romina under £100 and I know I paid a lot mor than that for it! Nice jacket though, not too short and not too long.

Polos

Visit site
It’s the pikeur Paulina that I’m looking at so not sure who the sizing compares to the ones you’ve tried but im guessing it will be similar to the sarissa as the fabric seems to be similar?

I’m not too long in my body but I am an E cup so I’m not sure now if i’ll Fit in a 12 😬 I’m hesitant to order a 14 in case it absolutely swamps me :(

rosiesowner

Visit site
It’s the pikeur Paulina that I’m looking at so not sure who the sizing compares to the ones you’ve tried but im guessing it will be similar to the sarissa as the fabric seems to be similar?

I’m not too long in my body but I am an E cup so I’m not sure now if i’ll Fit in a 12 😬 I’m hesitant to order a 14 in case it absolutely swamps me :(

I'd go for the 14, it doesn't swamp me and I'm a B cup who usually wears a 10 on top. I could have got into a 12 but it would have been pretty tight and wouldn't have given me the best movement. I'm sure you'll be able to send it back if it's not perfect. Also better for it to be slightly to oversized as you can always have it taken in if you like, but if it's too small you can't make it bigger! Buying jackets when every brand seems to have a different idea of what a size means is a nightmare...