Pinging persil pony and camp confidence

bounce

Visit site
As some of you may know I haven't been the most confident rider over fences due to problems with a previous horse and getting posted over fences and then not leaving the ground for 6 years. Well, I can honestly say that my confidence is definitely starting to come back to me now.

In the last 18 months I have gone from starting off at the basics with pole work and cross poles and jumping minimus rounds to doing our first BE80 last September.

I'm now on an absolute high from playing over 1m xc fences and finishing camp jumping a 1m10 spread in our gridwork lesson. The fences look even bigger for me now also as I am riding a 14.2 instead of the 16h plus that I used to showjump.

Anyway, I think it is time to introduce my little star Rupert pony who is helping me gain my confidence. He is a very nervous pony and taking it steady and building up gradually with him has improved him as much as me. As you can see from the piccies he is rather photogenic and quite a poser.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

JFTDWS

Visit site
he's fab! and so clean :eek:

I feel I ought not to look directly at him for fear of burning my retinas :eek:

Moomin1

Visit site
Wow VERY well done OP!! It takes a hell of a lot of guts IMO to jump the jumps you are in the pics, never mind if you have lost your confidence!! That just makes it all the more commendable and amazing! Good on you!

FlyingCoo

Visit site
Your pics show what having horses is all about!!:D
Well done to you for getting back out there and having fun.
Have a great season :)

CAH7

Visit site
Love him! Soooo clean too! Looks like you two are having a fab time. Best of luck this season, and keep us posted. :)

bounce

Visit site
Thanks for all your lovely comments. He is my little star and his character is as good as his piccies. I couldn't want for a better mannered and fun pony.

Just hoping my confidence continues and I don't make a hash of the event on Sunday. Although my nerves now are more of not doing well rather than being scared of the fences.

Rosiefan

Visit site
What lovely pictures - you look so good together you were obviously meant for each other. Another one looking forward to comp reports later on :)