pink mash or soothe and gain?

Becca W

New User
Visit site
Hello! I have got a 4 year old ottb and I suspect he has ulcers (getting him scoped soon), he windsucks and due to him being an ex racer ive put him on a diet purely based on digestion and weight gain as these are his only issues (soothe and gain, dengie healthy tummy, top spec ulca kind cubes and linseed). he has 24/7 turnout, hay and two feeds a day so hopefully this will help with his stomach acids and possible ulcers but wondering which people prefer out of pink mash and soothe and gain? Im really trying to get him to gain weight and he's not fizzy at all so im not worried about high calorie foods. Also if anyone can recommend supplements that helped them? he's currently on GrastriAid.

Austen123

Visit site
my mare didnt like either. but she loves speedi beet, so she has that to go with her baileys ease and excel no.21. She also has a small scoop of dengie healthy tummy before riding.

rextherobber

Visit site
Mine love Pink mash,( was also useful in the very hot weather as a sloppy mash to help keep them hydrated, as one doesn't drink much when stabled). I don't know if it's a conditioning feed, but coincidentally or not, but mine are a bit porky!

ihatework

Visit site
You’ve got 3 complete feeds there. I’d simplify your life a bit!!

Soothe and gain is a more conditioning feed than pink mash so I would go with that if it’s a choice between the two. If you want it with a chop then dengie. Cut out the top spec.

But in all honesty I’d be inclined to try either baileys 21 or winergy growth as sole feeds in the situation you describe

Becca W

New User
Visit site
You’ve got 3 complete feeds there. I’d simplify your life a bit!!

Soothe and gain is a more conditioning feed than pink mash so I would go with that if it’s a choice between the two. If you want it with a chop then dengie. Cut out the top spec.

But in all honesty I’d be inclined to try either baileys 21 or winergy growth as sole feeds in the situation you describe

Thanks for your reply! I had originally added the top spec because its not a complete feed so wanted to reduced the dengie healthy tummy he was getting so there wasn't too much vitamins and minerals in his diet but ill definitely look into winergy growth! If not ill stick to soothe and gain because im conscious of the soya in baileys 21 and pink mash