Pink Mash Replacement

J_sarahd

Visit site
I have been feeding my boy 2 x mug of pink mash a day but I have recently ran out and not managed to get to the feed shop, so he’s gone without. He seems to be going fine. I would like a mash, especially for warmer days and post cross country, as he doesn’t really drink away from home. I have added aloe juice, yeasacc and slippery elm into his diet so the protexin in the pink mash doesn’t seem necessary now. Plus my feed shop have (understandably) hiked the price up.

What are people’s recommendations? He’s fed on Pure Easy but I may switch down to Fibre Balance if he gets a bit tubby in summer.

Squeak

Visit site
If he's not needing it nutritionally could you just replace it with something cheap and cheerful like sugarbeet?

Fransurrey

Visit site
Pure Easy by itself makes quite a good wet feed. Will he not eat it if it's sloppy? Otherwise I'd also suggest sugarbeet. It's quite a common medium for endurance people, mixed with electrolytes during competition.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Saracen recovery mash is a very effective way of getting fluid in. I use 500g and 10 litres warm water to make a bucket of squash. I sieve the feed through a kitchen colander, give squash as a drink and then use the mash element as a base for vitamin e, colikare and equine 74 supplements.