Pink mash

islauren

Visit site
thinking about putting my mare on pink mash. but was wondering what everyone fed it with. I know you can feed it by itself however I would ideally like to feed it with a chaff.
Also looking for a good joint supplement for an older hut horse, who still happily hunts but just trying to take care of those older joints.

Thanks

NOISYGIRL2

Visit site
cortaflex ha for the joints, mine wouldn't touch pink mash but i have heard its good and can be mixed with chaff depends what you are looking for in a feed, just maintenance or weight gain/loss ?

Iznurgle

Visit site
I feed pink mash (1/3 scoop unsoaked split between two feeds), Dengie Alfa-A Original (level scoop), and a scant handful of Gain Cool 'n Easy. I started the pink mash as my boy was having trouble with haylage going right through him, and found that he likes it and it worked for his stomach. I feed it quite wet to mix with chaff so that the feed is good and soaked, and I also add powdered garlic (before wetting to avoid clumping) for all those benefits. He also gets MSM for joints but I've been looking into glucosamine - however Chips is only 5 and in low intensity work, so I can't confidently speak to supplements for older horses. I've seen that Keyflow do sample bags of pink mash which could be worth looking for at your feed stockist to see if he lieks it before commiting to buying a bag? It's cheap enough (I pay 17e/bag) and maybe I'm not feeding the full amount a day, but it does last me a few weeks.

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
I have been feeding it for a month or 2 now. Both mine love it and they both look fantastic, 15yo tb in work and retired 25yo wb. I feed it with grass nuts, oil and salt.

rextherobber

Visit site
I feed pink mash when they get bored of Fast Fibre, it's very palatable. You can't make a warm feed with it like you can with fast Fibre though, (due to the prebiotics perishing I believe). If you can feed soya, it's good. I also use it as a very sloppy feed when they're in when it's very hot weather as a way of increasing their fluid intake.

Scarlett

Visit site
I feed Pink Mash to all 4 of my horses, and have done since it was released (4 years or so ago).

For a couple I feed it with chaff (Dengie meadow grass) and a balancer, others I've fed with additional feed - linseed, keyplus, ease & excel or sensicare. It's just depended on the horse. I find it's an excellent feed to base a feed on, and the horses all enjoy it.