Pink nose in summer

doodle

Visit site
I have never had success with sun cream (stressed horse getting it on and simply rubbing it off again). Fly masks with a nose cover on works. Sultan however had the peak of a baseball cap sewn on to a headcollor as he removed fly masks!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Most important to get them used to sunblock before it gets sunny so it doesn't hurt as they will fight more if you end up having to apply to sunburn. Like my mum and me as a kid ?

Fransurrey

Visit site
Depends if they have shelter or shade. My cob is pink skinned and I expected to have to sun cream his muzzle, but I've had two summers with him and he really hasn't needed it! I do have shaded areas in the field and a field shelter, though.

muddybay

Visit site
Depends if they have shelter or shade. My cob is pink skinned and I expected to have to sun cream his muzzle, but I've had two summers with him and he really hasn't needed it! I do have shaded areas in the field and a field shelter, though.
He does have areas under trees in his field but he's an idiot and I feel like he won't stand under them!

Squeak

Visit site
I use childrens factor 50 and one year even managed to have an insect repellent one too. I've never had serious problems with horses not liking having it on or them rubbing it off too quickly.

Mrs B

Visit site
Filtabac.
<--- that's the lad and as you can see, he has a white snozzle and very pink nostrils (and lips). Has a full face mask, have tried every suncream under the, well, sun .... and nothing I've found so far beats the protection, stickability (and as Hey Mich says) healing power of Filtabac.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
I used to to use kids high factor suncream. As someone else said the key is to start using it soon enough so your not putting it on sore skin. I haven't needed it since spraying off all our buttercups though.