pink powder again. sorry!

Firehorse

Visit site
my pony has almost come to the end of his month's loading dose. for a while i'd hve said there was a definite improvement to his poops. less of them and firmer. he lives out 24/7 with 6 others, so impossible to tell other than the poos he does when i ride. however, he does hve an excitable tummy. new routes, or if he gets tizzed up will produce runny poos and he can do 6 or 7 in an hour and a half's ride. anyway, the paddock is stripped grazed and i hve no control of how far the fence is moved each day as someone else does it. my boy is back to soft, green poos again at the moment. he did 3 while i was tacking up the other day. altho one or two of the others are the same at the mo too. my question being, should i continue with the pink powder? is this just normal with grass kept ponies? i will need another tub soon, so need to decide whether to buy it or not. also, he hasnt wanted his feed the last 2 days, probably due to too much grass. i cud hve a word with the person who moves the fence, but if she'll listen, i dont know as her pony is the oldest, thinnest of the herd and needs the grass!! colic is my worry, altho my boy has never had it, an ex-racehorse who was in the herd was always getting it and i wonder if it was due to the grazing.

foxtrotter

Visit site
Pink powder didn't reduce the number or softness of my horse's poohs, and he seemed to get VERY excitable on it. Like your pony, maybe 3 when tacking up, and maybe 2 when riding him in the space of 1/2 hour. Also sometimes very liquid, and so bad that he couldn't get his tail out of the way!! After he'd been with us a while he settled down, and I think Magic Calmer helped him.

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
Bear in mind there may have been an autumn flush of sugars in the grass giving him the squits a bit. The fact that several others are like it too suggests the grass is the key. I would try asking about the fence, if hes not hungry it sounds as if hes getting quite a lot.

Some neds do poo a lot on rides, my mare can do 6 or 7 no problem and their runniness depends more on scariness score of ride than what she has had to eat.

If the PP isnt working for you then theres no law saying carry on with it, maybe something which has magnesium for calming as well as probiotics might be good. Pink powder is better at softening poos that are too hard I think than slowing up systems.