Pink skin

greenroof

Visit site
I have a JRT adult bitch. Over the last 12 months the skin on her legs has become more pink so that you can see it through the white fur. She is short haired. Recently the skin on her belly has become pinker. She isn't itchy, and is bright and lively and in good health. Her coat quality is good, even over the "pink" bits. My other JRT is unaffected. I suspect an allergy, I have bathed her, changed her bedding and changed her food, but to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
my white whippet is the same :) vivid pink skin, which gets brighter as she gets warmer. Its absolutely normal. No allergy, just how she is, I like to think of her as special. Not all white dogs are like this, but some are so dont worry, you have a special Jack Russel.

PorkChop

Visit site
My spaniels are the same, their legs especially go quite pink when they are wet, exactly the same as a horse with white legs, so I wouldn't worry.

greenroof

Visit site
Thank you for your replies. I'm not convinced its not an allergy because she is nearly 9 and I didn't notice this until sometime during the last 12 months. I bred her, so I have owned her all her life. At first I thought it was because she was getting very wet and muddy when I walked her, especially during this very wet autumn and winter, but the mud seems to stick to the back of her legs and the pinkness is more at the front. Perhaps her skin has altered as she is getting older. :)