Pippa Funnel loses another ride.....

Stella

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Shall find out tomorrow. I no someone that will no.

[/ QUOTE ] Excellent
grin.gif

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Re. the price.. in all honesty, nothing seems to be selling at the mo!!
We couldn't sell our Adv. horse that was qualified for Badminton, had been 1st res. for WEG. etc. so was alot more qualified than that horse.. and was sound!!
Plus i'm sure everyone remembers the interviews with Lucinda F. after Burghley, re. not being able to sell Brit.

At the end of the day, as everyone keeps saying.. something is only worth what someone is willing to give for it!

Tufty

Visit site
True ! There are so many horses out there with silly price tags that dont sell ! If they want a quick sale maybe thats why it is cheap. In saying that you would think that they would not have needed to advertise this horse surely people would be in a queue

MillionDollar

Visit site
Yeh i definitely agree, i really don't think just because its cheaper than you expect its got something wrong! I got a horse really really cheap just because her owner wanted a good permanent home for her that was right for her.

I don't know prehaps they want to find the right home instead of getting as much as they can for it to a rubbish home/rider? You never know.
smile.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
How incredibly bizarre, not even a proper picture too when I bet that they must have a whole large box full of pro pics!

It can only be A) something wrong with him, either a phyiscal or a behaviour issue or B) the owners need quick cash and a quick sale, I mean lets face it there are probably a good few professional's horses around with the same calibre and competition record that would be for sale at the right offer and matter of Opinion is not outstanding amongst those?

or, maybe he does not have the potential to do more than 2 star!

poggio

Visit site
even still, I know for a fact that owners will whack the prices up simply because of the name 'Pippa Funnell' and the horse has got a pretty decent record... even if only capable of 2*.

I used to work for an Olympic eventer and knowing the horses on a daily basis the prices the owners would put on the ones for sale was ridiculous... remember having an oversized warmblood with very odd confirmation, wouldn't go further than novice and had soundness issues - they still wanted £18k for it!

RobinHood

Visit site
hmm I'd heard that she is "scaling down" but I'd love to know the full story. Look forward to hearing from you Irishcobs xx

Rambo

Visit site
Hmmmmm......Why does a horse have to be worth £X JUST because Pippa rode it
confused.gif

Surely the fact that Pippa ain't riding it anymore tells you something
crazy.gif

I'm no eventer, but a horse that won't go further than 2* (and *may* be tricky to ride.....).......make your own minds up.

Oh, and btw...Pip wasn't showing any signs of impending motherhood when I saw her in August
smirk.gif

Twiglet

Visit site
Saw Pippa two weeks ago riding at Towerlands, and (no offense to her here!) she definitely looked rounder! Whether it could be that she's preggers or just taking it a bit easier, I don't know, but she wasn't the same shape as she was at Badminton in May.

lorenababbit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I thought its showjumping didn't look that good, but then you look pippa's record up and that's even worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call it the way you see it Diesel!!
laugh.gif

anyway just for the record it not as if Pippa is 'losing' a ride the owners might be selling for any number of reasons and the new ones might leave it with her who knows. And Pippa has got some fantastic youngsters to bring on in the mean time. And please dont forget the horse gave her a hideous fall at Belton this year at tjhe water so maybe they have decided they have gone as far as they can as a partnership.

BBs

Visit site
Equally if you remember Mary Kings horse King George? he was sold by Mary due to the fact he was better suited to SJing than advanced eventing.
He we then subsequently up for sale again for around £7k with the Myles and now Tony Clark has him and is eventing him back up to Advanced again.
So it maybe that the horse is better suited to SJing or at lower level eventing so would make a better Jrn horse?

dieseldog

Visit site
The King George that Caron Myles had isn't the same king George II that Mary King had. If it is it was competing at both PN and Adv in sept!

BBs

Visit site
Ooops my mistake, youre quite right, I guess because he was in my OPN section at Charlton Park that I thought it must have been the same one.

I could have swarn it said in the ad that he had done advanced eventing......

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and btw...Pip wasn't showing any signs of impending motherhood when I saw her in August
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*counts on fingers* so that was 3 to 4 months ago - she could DEF. be showing a pregnancy by now
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

PaddyMonty

Visit site
From its record I would guess it has reached its limit in BE.
Its also been very inconsistent in performance so possibly not the easist ride in the world. Dressage seems to be its best phase but is struggling with that at 2*.
So what would be its market?
Serious competitors wouldn't want him as not got the potential.
Probably not suitable as a school master to help someone gain experience.
No use for serious dressage.
SJ is definitely iffy
What does that leave for his future?
Price seems about right or possibly even a little high.

severnmiles

Visit site
Exactly, and if its SJ record is like it is with Pippa I doubt many other riders would be good enough to get a better tune out of it. I wouldn't touch something that had been ridden by a pro in some cases as its going to take alot more riding.

Weezy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ooops my mistake, youre quite right, I guess because he was in my OPN section at Charlton Park that I thought it must have been the same one.

[/ QUOTE ]

BBs I certainly believed the advert was pointing to Mary's ride too!!!

dieseldog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BBs I certainly believed the advert was pointing to Mary's ride too!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

So did I....

madgirl

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*counts on fingers* so that was 3 to 4 months ago - she could DEF. be showing a pregnancy by now
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!!
grin.gif

madgirl

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought its showjumping didn't look that good, but then you look pippa's record up and that's even worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call it the way you see it Diesel!!
laugh.gif

anyway just for the record it not as if Pippa is 'losing' a ride the owners might be selling for any number of reasons and the new ones might leave it with her who knows. And Pippa has got some fantastic youngsters to bring on in the mean time. And please dont forget the horse gave her a hideous fall at Belton this year at tjhe water so maybe they have decided they have gone as far as they can as a partnership.

[/ QUOTE ]
yup some of her youngsters look fab redesigned won his first pre novixce!

lorenababbit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The King George that Caron Myles had isn't the same king George II that Mary King had. If it is it was competing at both PN and Adv in sept!

[/ QUOTE ]

the very same one indeed!

Bossanova

Visit site
Well I'd buy him at that price- a decent 2* horse should make that much any day of the week. Even if it has probs- we looked at one earlier this year, similar horse being ridden by a pro and he had early stage navicular. He was 15k too.