Pixel Retrieved! So happy! :D

Elle123

www.ellaporterphotography.co.uk
Seems like a little thing but for us its cause for much excitement! After so so long of trying, it seems to have finally clicked! We are getting a consistent retrieve (with out the well if you threw it, you go get it look) and when she can't wok out where its gone, she has learnt to such for it. So happy. We might not be able to do the agility we wanted to do :( but we have a new way to have fun. :D Any other ideas to enrich her life further? I was wondering about Cani-x but didn't know if that would be dangerous!!!

I am still struggling with the news of her sister though, I can't help worrying for the future of the pups and the potential risk. Also the fact that neither bitch nor dog are even successful. Being pretty and the 'right colour' with a nice personality imo doesn't mean a litter should be produced. Any famous HHO views on this. Or am I worrying for nothing?

Elle
x

Last edited:

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Brilliant, what an achievement!

Just read back about her sister and I agree you are right to be concerned.
Colour is the last reason anyone should think of breeding :(

Ring any bells?!
http://www.astraean.com/borderwars/2012/02/double-merle-progeny-at-westminster.html
Besides their stellar show careers, these two dogs share the same matador sire, Wyndlair Avalanche, the blind and deaf intentionally bred double merle stud dog.

Elle123

www.ellaporterphotography.co.uk
Thank you CC. Just so worried and losing sleep over it tbh.

Wow I can't believe people did that! I just can't see why you would risk it. The only reason she was kept was because she was b/w and her other b/w had died. Thats it.

You could say that she herself is healthy, but micropthalmia is genetic. Anyone have any ideas of the risks? I know its seen more often in merles an (like those collies) and akitas.

If i knew a bitches sister was blind there is no way I would look at getting one of those puppys. If the 'standard rate' is charged for those puppys they will be £750 a pop too.

Is there any thing that can be done to warn the prospective owners?

Funnily enough, there is full pup to 8weeks documentary info on every litter they have had, apart from Pixel's litter, for which it all magically disappeared after she was diagnosed (and the ophthalmologist gave her her details and told her it would be a big risk to think of breeding any litters from her siblings)

Just makes my blood boil! I just know what would have happened to Pix if i had sent her back. (not that I would have in a million years!)

oh and the sire is still being bred from, along with his son.

Elle
x

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
Yey well done to little Pixel!:D:D:D

Sweep has always spent hours chasing tennis balls etc has never got bored - even after 14 years!:eek: we play fetch with sticks every day on our walks :D

No reason why you can't try agility with her although you will have to keep her on her lead:D why not make a little agility course in the garden for her and have a go?:confused::D