Place your bets...

PapaverFollis

Visit site
... on what shade of chestnut MrT is going to be wearing this season...

received_279948406944667.jpegreceived_578079609818394.jpeg

You'd think it wouldn't change but with the copper deficiency issue last year I'm wondering if he might go a deeper shade if liver chestnut with the copper issue rectified. He was quite orange last year even after he regrew his coat when I gave him some copper. It doesn't show well in the pictures but summer coat looks to be coming through quite dark in the clipped bit...

Tune in for further scintillating updates.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I'm on tenterhooks for how white or flecked Ludo is this year. Darker the better!

Ludo has an excuse, he's supposed to change colour.

Speaking of which, The Beast seems to be opting for just enough dapples to still be light grey rather than white grey with a smattering of flea bites to the face.

J&S

Visit site
I gave my very bright chestnut mare to my friend who lived up in Scotland (mare had previously lived in Hampshire) and she turned quite a dark liver chestnut. I think you have moved fairly recently?

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I gave my very bright chestnut mare to my friend who lived up in Scotland (mare had previously lived in Hampshire) and she turned quite a dark liver chestnut. I think you have moved fairly recently?

The horse moved from to Caithness from further south just getting into his winter jammies, when I bought him autumn 2019. Wintered on my grass then put on a very odd summer coat that was dry, pale and brittle. Which led to me to discovering the horses can't get copper from my grass. Gave him a copper boost and he changed coat again. Darker but still a lighter chestnut than I was expecting, he was more liver chestnut previously I think.

I'm expecting him to go more liver again this summer but won't be disappointed if he stays more orange as long as the coat is shiny again.

It just interested me seeing the obvious darker hairs coming through on his clipped bits.