Places to sell long boots that are a weird size?? And boot recommendations please!

Javabb94

Visit site
I really do need some new long boots as I am crippled in my current pair!

I can't afford any at the moment but its my birthday next month but I would need to sell mine first anyways as cheaper boots just don't fit me as much as I would like to!

The reason I ask is they are a odd sizing - they are 51cm high (although come with heel raisers) and are 33cm wide:eek:

They are the most perfect fit on the calf and height wise however to get the right width etc i had to skimp on foot size and get a 6 when I really need a 6.5/7.

I thought when I first got them they would loosen but I have had them more than a year and they haven't really!

They are lovely lovely boots (MH supreme high riders) but I can't cope with crippled feet and they don't allow me any room for extra socks so I have to wear a very thin pair - not great in the winter!

Is there a good place for selling this size etc - or will they even have a market? These boots were the last pair MH sent to UK in this size until I bought them you can't buy them in this size either!

Also as a replacement I had seen the tredstep da Vinci and Raphael boots which whilst a smidge shorter are the right width and good on the foot size - what are the tred steps like I really like the look of them :) or any other recommendations grateful! :D

becca1305

Visit site
Interested in replies for this too :). I have a pair of DeNiros in a very similar size that pinch my old injured ankle terribly and I need to sell. I tried the da vincis and found them far too tight round the ankle/lower leg, but depends on your leg shape I guess. Mark todds were the nearest off peg to fitting me but just couldn't quite get the zip up :eek: (stupid muscular calves, long legs and small feet really are a nightmare!) might be worth you trying though maybe? I personally gave up and stuck to smart boots and chaps! :/

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
I struggled to get long boots. I wanted ariat bromonts but their height meant I couldn't bend ny leg at all - the top of the boot was nearly over my knee! Which is odd as I don't have short legs.

I ended up trying the tredstep donatello and fell in love. I wanted laces on them which is why I chose them but the leather is beautiful, they measure you properly for your calf and width, and they fit perfectly. They also support my ankles, which other boots like the broginis didn't do.

They look fantastic and I got complimented on them. They haven't bagged and have broken in well.

Fgts - I am 5'6 and have normal sized calf. I think my leg measured at nearly 18 inches.

Hope that helps!

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Second hand value on boots will be minimal I would say unfortunately - you'd probably be lucky to get £50 on ebay if lucky :(
Of course this means you could also pick up a bargain second hand yourself but buying untried is very much trial and error and not easy if you are not a straightforward size

Javabb94

Visit site
Second hand value on boots will be minimal I would say unfortunately - you'd probably be lucky to get £50 on ebay if lucky :(
Of course this means you could also pick up a bargain second hand yourself but buying untried is very much trial and error and not easy if you are not a straightforward size

Ahhh.. Your probably right! Gutted as to buy new they are now £315! They are like new aswell

I have found some DeNiro's in the sale from £350 to £150 in my foot size/calf size and just slightly shorter on length at 49.5cm but maybe better for XC when my stirrups are short!

Javabb94

Visit site
I struggled to get long boots. I wanted ariat bromonts but their height meant I couldn't bend ny leg at all - the top of the boot was nearly over my knee! Which is odd as I don't have short legs.

I ended up trying the tredstep donatello and fell in love. I wanted laces on them which is why I chose them but the leather is beautiful, they measure you properly for your calf and width, and they fit perfectly. They also support my ankles, which other boots like the broginis didn't do.

They look fantastic and I got complimented on them. They haven't bagged and have broken in well.

Fgts - I am 5'6 and have normal sized calf. I think my leg measured at nearly 18 inches.

Hope that helps!

I have tried Bromonts but they aee far too short unfortunately and too baggy :( shame as for the prices they are really nice

I like the tred step boots I shall have a look at their size chart!

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Ahhh.. Your probably right! Gutted as to buy new they are now £315! They are like new aswell

I have found some DeNiro's in the sale from £350 to £150 in my foot size/calf size and just slightly shorter on length at 49.5cm but maybe better for XC when my stirrups are short!

I am sure it is the same MH ones that I got and sure I got them in Derby House sale for under £200. £150 sounds great value for DeNiros - which sale are they in? MAKE them fit LOL!!

Javabb94

Visit site
I am sure it is the same MH ones that I got and sure I got them in Derby House sale for under £200. £150 sounds great value for DeNiros - which sale are they in? MAKE them fit LOL!!

http://www.longmelfordsaddlery.co.u...ntain-Horse-Supreme-High-Rider/prod_2153.html

These are the ones I have. I absolutely love them but my feet get very cold and very crippled :(

I know it's a super price for them! It's not my birthday until next month so need I hope they will be in the sale until then - they only have certain weird sizes in sale so I guess it's just the weird sizes so hopefully they won't sell out fast!

EdBr

Visit site
My calf's are exactly 33cm too! So there is a market for them...

I have to get all my long riding boots custom made as my height measurement (for Konig's anyway) is 55cm..!

becca1305

Visit site
My deniros are only a size 5.5/6 I'm afraid. I also wouldn't recommend as I am seriously disappointed with mine- they hurt my dodgy ankle as the leather dropped and creased into folds within about 10 or so wears :(, however I know a lot of people rave about them so maybe I got unlucky!