plaited coloured sports horse type - showing tack question

mandysk

Visit site
Hi all

so ....

any idea what a plaited coloured sports horse type horse should wear in a showing class, (he's not a hunter type not nearly enough bone, more riding horse / sports horse ).

i took him in a piebald and skewbald class yesterday with a bling browband and flat nose band, obviously he had his mane plaited, but judge told me he shouldn't be wearing bling but a hunter bridle, and he should have his tail plaited ??? he also told me his tail was too short it's hock length when working.

confused ???

thanks

Emz99

Visit site
What show was it?

You show to type. If he's a RH you show with blingy browband, tweed etc. If you don't pull tail then yes plait it, if you pull it then that is correct.

Maybe post a pic?

ajf

Visit site
I've only shown mine very lightly and at lower levels but his mane and tail were plaited. I wore tweed when either in hand or ridden and he wore a brown raised bridle with plaited leather browband.

I think sports horse isn't suppose to have bling/coloured browbands, they are suppose to be more like hunter turnout. Riding horses though I believe can have the pretty stuff

Though I could be completley wrong!

showpony

Visit site
Turnout for coloured classes should be the same as turnout for Hunter Classes. So hunter style bridle & tail plaited. No Bling:D

Hi all

so ....

any idea what a plaited coloured sports horse type horse should wear in a showing class, (he's not a hunter type not nearly enough bone, more riding horse / sports horse ).

i took him in a piebald and skewbald class yesterday with a bling browband and flat nose band, obviously he had his mane plaited, but judge told me he shouldn't be wearing bling but a hunter bridle, and he should have his tail plaited ??? he also told me his tail was too short it's hock length when working.

confused ???

thanks

mandysk

Visit site
thanks all i have added a pic to my profile, it should now be showing, i couldn't work out how to add it on to thread