Plaiting up

vicm2509

Visit site
Is a horse supposed to have a certain number of plaits for showing? I usually do about 10-12. May sound like a silly question but its something that has never crossed my mind before.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
As many as suits your horse's neck and mane. I think it's traditional to have an odd number along the neck, plus forelock, but do as many as look good (but not about 30 for instance!!)
smile.gif
smile.gif

Evadiva1514

Visit site
I usually try to put in 11 or 13 depending on how thin the mane is and then one in the forelock to make up the even number.

conniegirl

Visit site
an odd number up the neck! and even nujmber makes the neck look split in half. I normaly go for between 11 and 15

dieseldog

Visit site
Do you mean the comb that splits the mane in 3? They aren't much good if you do as every horses mane is a different thickness and you end up with odd looking plaits

KatB

Visit site
As already said, depends on the horse! If te horse has a long neck, try to put less plaits in, short neck, lots in, helps balance out the illusion. Also bigger "high" plaits will make the topline look more. My Boy gets about 18-20 plaits as I like little neat ones, and he has a short neck!!
smile.gif

kick_On

Visit site
yeah 7 or 9 in neck then top knot to make even. To make it fit you can take out more or less mane when clipping withers and poll. Plait width to be no more that comb width. Plait damp and not to clean a mane for best results

just read 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG