Plane crash on A1M - anyone know anything?

DuckToller

Visit site
Friend posted on facebook that a plane has crashed on the A1 and it is closed around Peterborough.

Anyone have any more info? Just thinking (selfishly) of how to get to Burghley tomorrow.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Friend posted on facebook that a plane has crashed on the A1 and it is closed around Peterborough.

Anyone have any more info? Just thinking (selfishly) of how to get to Burghley tomorrow.

There will be lots of diversions posted by then if it's still closed. They were warning people from quite early on this afternoon that the M1 was closed.

vetsbestfriend

Visit site
If you are coming from the North down the A1, you will be fine to get to Burghley normal route.

If you are coming from the South, you will need to come off at the A1139 Peterborough junction (Services at Haddon), then about 3 junctions down, take a left onto the next stretch of dual carriage way sign posted towards the A47. You can then join the A47 and get to Burghley via Southorpe and Barnack (all sign posted for Burghley any way.)

Luckily I spotted stationary traffic on the A1 and was able to nip off at the Barnack turn and go the cross country route home.

Tr0uble

Visit site
The A1 was open northbound but stacked right back to us at junction 16... Later this evening it had cleared north bound but don't know what it is like nearer the accident.

I have heard they are not reopening the A1 until lunch time tomorrow, there will be diversions but getting into Burghley is going to be a nightmare so I would set off earlier than you had planned!

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
Local news and papers are saying that the A1 will NOT BE OPEN until at least midday tomorrow. They have put diversions in place but as there are really only 2 roads into Burghley it will mean there are long delays in every direction:eek:

Leave early and plan to leave late - the worst times for queues on a 'normal' Burghley saturday are between 9.30-11:eek: