Planning a head for winter

mandy4727

Visit site
As the title says. Already thinking of that horrible time and planning for haylage supplies. Can anyone please advise who they use for big bale haylage. Farm has always done it for me in the past and am sure I can get it much cheaper myself. But maybe wrong. I would also need them to deliver it to me on a flat bed trailer for ease of manoeuvring into the farm yard. Usually get two big bales at a time. Farm are happy for you to get your own so not treading on their toes doing it this way.

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
Our usual farmer has already said his price is the same as last year..... yet in the next city - it's currently being advertised at between 4-20 a bale. We will be paying over 30 again i suspect despite going through a LOT of bales a week as we feed upto 40 mouths on it daily but he is reliable - never lets us down, never sells us a bad bale and if we have one we are not sure on he changes it so in many ways he is worth paying the extra for as we have been let down in the past and with so many to feed - being let down is not an option!