Planning CLEUD - 4 year rule for planning enforcement

Blurr

Visit site
I've searched to see if this has been discussed and can't find anything. The levelling up and regeneration act includes changing immunity from planning enforcement to 10 years for everything, so the 4 year rule would disappear. It needs the TCPA to be amended and there's no date for that, could be months, years or never but if you're relying on the 4 year rule for anything you might want to speak to a planning consultant if you've passed that point but not go to 10 years, there's no information about whether there would definitely be a transition period for this.

Spotherisk

Visit site
Interesting information.

I have previously worked as a parish clerk and therefore receive the district councils regular planning enforcement updates… although there is rarely any actual update underway. There are literally 100’s of potential breaches of planning awaiting assessment, I doubt the backlogs will ever be dealt with.

Blurr

Visit site
The backlogs are one of the reasons given for changing the law, 6 more years to take enforcement action. I haven't seen anything on H&H about this and most articles are about change of use to residential so there'll be a lot of people who've been relying on the 4 year rule who are unaware.