Planning permission - Mobile stables / National Park

Lacuna

Visit site
Hi all. I'm on the verge of purchasing a mobile stable system for my new small holding as its getting quite obvious that we need somewhere to stash the ponies to get them off the ground for at least some of the time due to the mud.

I do realise that these buildings usually don't usually require planning permission but we are in Pembs National Park where I've been advised that things are more restrictive. Does anyone have any experience of more restricted areas and have any advice on what is permitted/not permitted. I've ben on the Pembs coast website to try and find more info but am not sure if an 'enclosure' of less than 2 meters would be the same thing....I'm rather confued

Muddywellies

Visit site
Mobile stables and field shelters need moving regularly, and not just by a couple of feet. You need to obtain accurate up to date info from your planning dept.

NLPM

Visit site
Agree with MuddyWellies - we needed planning permission for our mobile shelters unless we were prepared to move them monthly, and we're not in a NP, AONB, Conservation Area, or anything like that!

Brownmare

Visit site
My parents have a mobile stable block and they are in the Peak District National Park. They were advised they had to move it regularly but they put a bat box on one end and it is illegal to disturb bats so it has been there now for over 10 years with no issue.

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
You need to get advice from your planning department especially as you are in a National Park. Our local planning authority deem a mobile field shelter to have lost its mobile status if it connected to power, drainage, water or is on a base other than grass in a field - and we are neither National Park or AONB.

Backtoblack

Visit site
We put up stables and a fodder store and a garage years ago in a nat park. All permenant,got away with it,told everyone it was a tractor shed. The neighbors could see it but didn't ask any questions of planning.