Plans for the weekend

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Aw that's frustrating Chippers. :( Hope it's not too expensive.
Looking good IHW (mostly!)

Ponies were awesome tonight in a pre competion tune-up. They have done virtually nothing for 2 weeks and we took them out in a flipping gale! Jumps were literally being blown over, and these were heavy wooden jumps! But they did not put a hoof wrong. Jenny jumped out of her skin taking strides out all over the place and Dolly was also a star. Too cold to take many pics but here's one of the lovely Dolly. She's awesome.

51942488_2149809635099106_6538794121375514624_n.jpg

Chippers1

Visit site
Sorry BM, that's sad news :(
Went to the garage today and whilst it did work and he was happy for me to take it he said it might go at some point so he gave me a quote for a new clutch and slave cylinder and it wasn't as bad as I thought so I'm going to get it done for piece of mind really. At least I'll know it's all good! I can't go anywhere until he has his jab anyway so thought it's the best time to get it done. Frustrating but that's horses :).

blood_magik

Visit site
Thanks, guys... I’m trying to be positive about it all but it’s just so hard.

He’s such a sweet little horse and I honestly thought he just needed a top up and a few weeks of physio before we cracked on with ridden work.

Hopefully the surgeon will be in touch on Monday and we’ll have an answer.

Trying to keep my mind off things, I had a lesson on each of the big boys early this morning and they were both a bit of a disaster - Beau ditched me straight into the biggest filler we have and I just couldn’t seem to get the right angle to one of the combinations on blue, which resulted in several run-outs 🤦‍♀️

Had to take the height right down so I’m now wondering if tomorrow is the right day to be thinking of moving up a class.

Hope everyone is having a better week/weekend than I am 🙈

DirectorFury

Visit site
I'm so sorry BM, I hope you get some good news from the surgeon.

My weekend so far looks like this (I'm the only person here!):
51555028_10157127824526882_2335401008504504320_n.jpg

I have my final interview with FB on Monday so am prepping for that :).

Fiona

Visit site
We took f and Daisy to pony SJ last night, and he not only jumped DC in the 50 and 60cm classes, but he persuaded this daddy to enter him in the 70cm class (his first 70cm) and he only did a DC there too 😲😲😲

So proud.. She's not an easy pony, but they are really going well at the moment...

Fiona

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Well our dressage was rather terrible, we were not on the same page at all and I have very little good to say about it!

The course design seminar was very interesting though and hopefully I'll be able to put what I learnt into use when I am walking course. I may even pursue a qualification!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
That's awesome Fiona! And lovely picture BenvardenRach2

Mixed day at NSEA. One of our team members placed 2nd in the metre class to qualify for Hickstead. An amazing achievement on a really tough technical course. I spoke to the course builder who said as it was a Hickstead qualifier he had built it as hard as the rules allowed! There was ONE clear in the 70, and only a handful (5ish) out of scores of competitors in the 80, 90 and 100 classes. Neither of my girls made it round sadly. Katie and Dolly parted company when Katie was turning left and Dolly landed and turned right. Katie was so focused on left, her head, body and weight were all left but D had other ideas! But they live to fight another day. Then Izzy who can ride very well when her head is in the right place but can also fall apart mentally had a 'falling apart' round. She went straight in after seeing the fall and was terrified of the course anyway as it was so tough so she was a passenger. Jenny towed her round to fence 14 then said no at the ditch and Izzy retired her rather than ride on. Which I think was the right thing to do as it got even harder after the ditch! All home safe and well which is the main thing.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I hardly dared to say I was going anywhere, with the people saying that because of the flu we should all stay at home. But... I had the vet out on Friday to get her jab done early, and today we went to riding club, a polework clinic.

I used to be confident and competent, then I was ill, sore, bad hip, bad back and unbeknown to me Vit D deficient. I lost Jay Man on top of all that. I have done very little since 2014, had a few false starts, and finally got Finn last year.

She is ace, but I was so rusty so we took it slow. Just as we got going mum was ill so I ended up pulling her shoes and writing the winter off. Anyway... things are getting sorted elsewhere in life and she is coming back into work, and today we did a RC polework clinic.

I was unbelievably nervous, but the trainer was fabulous, she got me in 1/2 an hour before the others, so I was well warmed up and did the polework while the school was empty, then when the others arrived we just did flat work, working amongst the others.

My horse was amazing. I have not stopped smiling. I actually felt half competent again!

I am so happy for others who are having happy times and feel for those having sad times. As someone once said to me, it is all in the price of the ticket.

oldie48

Visit site
Rose and I did a RC clinic this morning. It's a lovely venue but extremely exposed and the weather was even worse than yesterday, with a bit of sleet part way though my lesson. Lots of people had cried off because of the weather but it was a really useful session. Rose was very tense, like she was yesterday in our test, so we worked on getting her round, through and soft in her back and working in a much lower outline. Once we had got her working in walk, trot and canter like that I picked her up into a more advanced outline and did some lateral work. It was a very good session and Rose relaxed and did some great work. I'm also working on ensuring the two mares don't become too dependent on each other, so I got Rose in on her own and then turned her back out when we got home. Milly was fine, although Rose was a little silly about leaving her friend in the field and had a mini tantrum but she got over it! Altogether a busy weekend but very productive. I hope everyone else had a good weekend whether out and about or battening down the hatches at home

Snowfilly

Visit site
It was cold, it was blowy and he classes were small with outsiders not allowed onto the yard, but the riding school jumping went ahead as planned.

Got there early enough to spend a couple of classes putting up poles and handing out rosettes; apparently I'm a reliable part of the yard now and as such can be safely put to work!

We were short on entries for the bigger classes, so we had a quick straw pole and decided we'd build the tracks a bit bigger as everyone there was a client on a school horse or livery. So 80 became 90 and 90 became 95 ish.

We jumped first in the '80' which was 90 and got a lovely clear round, nothing much to say except that I grinned like a lunatic all the way round. The second pair took a back pole off in the double, and the third had an unlucky elimination for getting lost so we won without a jump off.

90 class, which was at 95, saw the same three pairs going in over the same track. He jumped a lovely clear round again, although I over steered a bit into a vertical and we ended up on a daft angle heading straight for the gallery. Steering restored, he took me straight through the related distance with horrible filler and popped the double which had gone down to one stride this time round.

The other two jumped clear as well, so the jump off went up to 1.00 ish, which made us all gulp a bit! First pair set a very fast clear, second pair crossed their tracks for 4 faults so I went for a steady clear as he's a slow lad!

We wrong legged one turn but everything else was perfect and we got our clear for second, 5 seconds off the winner. It was only after we'd all untacked that we got told a couple of the fences had been 1.05 which I hadn't jumped in 15 years and would have run away screaming from if you'd told me! The power of ignorance!

And when I got home I found a hole in the back of my jodhs so depending on when it happened, a lot of people have seen my knickers...

oldie48

Visit site
And when I got home I found a hole in the back of my jodhs so depending on when it happened, a lot of people have seen my knickers...
Some years ago I was training quite a large group when someone pointed out that I had tucked my knife pleat skirt into my knickers at the back! And no I didn't have a slip under the skirt. Gret SJ well done!

Abi90

Visit site
We had another fab lesson with a new coach, who was actually brilliant. It was a jumping lesson somewhere new and Rosie wasn’t phased by any of the fillers or the rustic jumps. We kept it small as she is still learning but the think that impressed me the most was how much her canter improved in an hour.

It seems I need to con her into improving her flatwork by doing little jumps in between!

Fiona

Visit site
Well done abi, red, oldie and BM....

Lol snowfilly, hopefully you can fall asleep tonight and dream of huge jumps, rather than of flashing your bum 🤣

That's brilliant AE, just what the girls needed to get them going again 😊😊

We just jumped at home, but I did take some lovely pics as it was nice and sunny...

Fiona