Plastic visor needed

millikins

Visit site
Small pony has a problem with one of her eyes, vet has seen her twice and is confident that it is not uveitis and is best managed with maxitrol when she has a flare up and a good mask would help a lot. It seems to be the wind and flies that cause the flare ups, recent sunshine was fine. He thinks she has a slightly misshapen eyelid and can't close the eye tightly enough to protect it. She already wears a mesh mask but plastic would completely block the wind so pony Ray bans seem the way to go, can anyone recommend anything suitable? It needs to come in a shetland/foal size. Many thanks.

Scatterbrain

Visit site
Perhaps contact the Police mounted section and ask where they source their horse visors from? Then ask the manufacturer if they could supply you with a custom shetland/foal size?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Given the size restriction I think I'd get sewing with a race style visor and see if I could locate a suitable clear plastic cup to go on the bad side.

Britestar

Visit site
http://www.equinesunvisor.com/

These are brilliant. I hve a horse with glaucoma, who needs to wear one all the time she is outside. She has wornt his throughout the whole winter, and only removed it 2-3 times. A normal fly mesh she can take off daily! I have the UV one, and she's only had 1 flare up, and that was after she got it off one day.
They are are expensive and you have to wait for them (form USA) but worth every penny.

millikins

Visit site
Great ideas, many thanks. I like the polo visor, that would do if I can adjust it small enough. Also thinking I might be able to make something with a motorcycle visor.

Pikachu

Visit site
My PRE used to get uveitis but triggered by the wind rather than sun, I used to stitch clear pvc to half of his fly mask for turn out and as someone suggested, used a police horse riot visor for riding when windy. I first borrowed one from local mounted branch, then bought one as said in label where it came from. It was rather large on him and I had a velcro piece of sheepskin down middle as didnt have the leather face guard part. Not sure if you would get one small enough for a pony as only come in one size, but might be*worth asking. Purchased from here as name on label: http://www.deenside.co.uk/deenside-product-catalogue.php?cid=1012|27&pid=2862

jjsblackhorse

Visit site
My PRE used to get uveitis but triggered by the wind rather than sun, I used to stitch clear pvc to half of his fly mask for turn out and as someone suggested, used a police horse riot visor for riding when windy. I first borrowed one from local mounted branch, then bought one as said in label where it came from. It was rather large on him and I had a velcro piece of sheepskin down middle as didnt have the leather face guard part. Not sure if you would get one small enough for a pony as only come in one size, but might be*worth asking. Purchased from here as name on label: http://www.deenside.co.uk/deenside-product-catalogue.php?cid=1012|27&pid=2862

Thank you for the above link, I have a horse with uveitis and looking for an option that is not going to cost the earth as he is a bit of a thug and destroys masks for a pastime...