Playback Sports - any contact?

julianw

New User
Visit site
I have been trying to contact Playback Sports who did the video coverage at Weston Park early October. I have sent an order in but haven't heard anything back at all.

Thier website is very much 'under construction' and the only telephone number I can find is a mobile which has a permanently full answerphone.

Is anyone there? Has anyone else received their Weston video?

Regards
J

poacher82

Visit site
Have heard from several other people with same prob, some from as far back as Houghton in late May! I was told earlier this week that BE have been in contact with them due to the complaints they'd had, and the delay is something to do with the Eventing series PS did for Horse & Country TV taking longer than expected so slowing down DVD production. They have assured BE they haven't disappeared, and are trying to catch up now the season is over. Don't quote me, that's just what I heard 2nd hand, but from reliable source.
Fingers crossed you get your vid and it is worth the wait...

julianw

New User
Visit site
Many thanks for the info - that is encouraging (I think?!).

If anyone from Playback Sports reads this maybe a note to that effect on their their web site would be helpful and might stop people filling up their answerphone.

In anticipation.
J

Cyclops

Visit site
Hi - I ordered one from them at Osberton last year (2010) and it took a long while to come through - I was getting worried too but it did come through in the end - I think it was mid November from an order end of Sept/early Oct. They really do need to get their act together

punk

Visit site
I am trying to get hold of them too with no luck! Does anyone know if they were the company doing DVD's at Blair this year? Had hoped to get video for daughter for Xmas - doesn't look hopeful:(

If it wasn't Playback at Blair, does anyone know who it was?

Many thanks

scotslad

Visit site
Hi,

Yes it was Playback doing the videos at Blair but i ordered and paid for mine 8 weeks ago and now cant get a reply on the phone or email!

julianw

New User
Visit site
Hi Scotslad, have they taken the payment from you because that's a different position altogether?
I sent my order with a cheque which they haven't cashed, so on that basis I am giving them benefit of the doubt and hoping that at some point they will eventually catch up with themselves.
Regards
J

Freddie19

Visit site
I have been trying to contact Playback Sports who did the video coverage at Weston Park early October. I have sent an order in but haven't heard anything back at all.

Thier website is very much 'under construction' and the only telephone number I can find is a mobile which has a permanently full answerphone.

Is anyone there? Has anyone else received their Weston video?

Regards
J

just an idea, but what about having a word with the Plants, number on their web-site, re video, they may be able to give company a gee-up.

EventerMum

Visit site
I have been chasing them by phone (leaving a message when it's not full, it seems to be emptied regularly) and email and eventually, after getting snotty, I received this reply on 23 November about our DVD from Westpon Park.

I've heard nothing since though and still no sign of the DVD that I paid £140 for at Weston.

VERY unimpressed indeed.

"Thank you for your e-mail. Sorry to have not been in contact sooner. We have experienced such a large number of orders that we have fallen behing with the editing. I'm really sorry about this, unfortunately we are working under some really difficult conditions at the moment, however we are catching up fast and hope to have all the DVd's sent out shortly.

Again I'm sorry for not being in contact sooner but I am experiencing about 25 emails a day and some may have slipped through the net.

Many thanks again for your patience and I hope you enjoy the footage,

Best Wishes.

Joe Metcalf
Playback Sports"

punk

Visit site
Thanks Scotslad. Well - am very unimpressed. I haven't had any response to my emails and messages. If they have so many orders surely it makes good business sense to get in some more help to process them quickly. As it is, there will be a lot of disgruntled people who won't give them a good press, even if/when they do get their 2011 video .....some time in 2012!!!:eek::confused::rolleyes:

SpottedCat

Visit site
Again I'm sorry for not being in contact sooner but I am experiencing about 25 emails a day and some may have slipped through the net.

Dear lord I hope he never gets an office job if he thinks 25 whole emails a day are a lot to deal with! I went on holiday for a week and came back to over 700 of the damn things. Took me a day and a half to process them into sensible categories (delete; action now; action at some indeterminate point in the future if the person shouts about it again).

scotslad

Visit site
Eventermum - Reassuring to hear you have had a response, albeit a poor one! I had payment taken ages ago and same thing, emaikled lots and left messages when inbox not full. Hopefully something will appear eventually!

Springsprung

New User
Visit site
I ordered my Blair DVD at the event in August and the money (£140) was taken from my account the week after.

I have not yet received my DVD.

I have sent 5 emails non of which have received a reply.

I have, when the voicemail is not full, left a message but I am yet to get a callback.

Companys House has them recored as dissolved....

Is there any real hope of us getting our DVDs????

:confused::confused:

Freddie19

Visit site
I was talking today (Wednesday 20th) to Shane Martin owner of Lucid Dreams, who, up to last year did do the videos at Weston Park. Poor old Shane has been getting quite a few phone calls from people asking where their videos are. Now, unfortunately, it was NOT Lucid Dreams doing Weston this year, in fact as far as I know they did not do any events apart from Tattersalls this year. I think that Playback Sports did them....maybe try BE and see what they have to say regarding non-appearing videos? or is it not anything to do with them.

julianw

New User
Visit site
Many thanks to Playback Sports - received DVD plus bonus copies in the post today. Very much appreciated and hope everyone else who ordered theirs also receives them. Final product absolutely great. Shame about lack of communication about delays as I suspect most people would be reasonably understanding - and probably would have avoided some overfilled answerphones and inboxes. That said - thanks for getting there in the end.

Regards
Julian