Please can I have some healing vibes!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Poor Evie is lame. Tearing round the field like a loon and came in slightly lame. Rested her yesterday and today, and she got worse
frown.gif
Just had her to vets for lots of prodding and pulling, he complimented her on her behaviour but couldn't find anything so is going down the soft tissue damage route at the moment. So it is back home on the metacam, and 10 days "box rest", only allowed out on lead to do the necessary. She is not going to like that and will be bouncing off the walls I am sure.. She is actually booked in for hip and elbow x rays beginning of June, I am now panicking she has an elbow problem to go with the hips I was already paranoid about
frown.gif

Spudlet

Visit site
((((((((((((((((((vibes)))))))))))))))))))))))))

and

((((((((((((((((((spaniel hug))))))))))))))))))))) from Henry

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Thanks TE. Can't pinpoint where it is tbh, she didn't flinch at vets no matter what he pulled. I think it might be round her pastern because she sometimes just slightly turns the foot out at the pastern when sitting, but no heat or anything. If there's no improvement after the weekend I may give you a call and take you up on the rug offer if thats okay.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I have a feeling you're "dying" to ask her what she did, where she thinks the problem is and tell her that if she only rests for a few days, she'll be able to loon around on the fields soon again. I'm also already worrying about doing the two young girls hips some time during the autumn and it makes perfect sense to me that you, when something like this happen, also begins to worry about something being wrong with the elbows.
Don't know what sort of rug TayloredEquestrian is talking about, but it never hurts trying to keep her warm and trying to make sure that she doesn't lie on any hard surfaces. And if she's anything like my bitches, she'll consider being forced to only sleep on soft dog-beds as "torture".

Lots of healing {{{Vibes}}} to Evie and hope she gets well soon.

TayloredEq

www.tayloredequestrian.com
The rug is from a company called back on track. It reflects heat back into the body in the form of infrared. This stimulates the blood flow, promotes healing and gives drug free pain relief. the rugs have been successful in the agility world.

http://www.backontrack.eu/shownode.php?id=1963

If however the injury is in the pastern area then the rug won't help. BoT do a leg wrap but I don't have one of those to lend!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Thanks for the vibes. The metacam has kicked in and she is hardly lame now, so is finding the lack of exercise frustrating to say the least. She is like roadrunner on speed! Bless her she keeps hopefully bringing her football to me and dropping it in front of me and I have to ignore her
frown.gif

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Ouch, I feel all mushy inside only thinking about resisting one of my dogs trying to give me a toy we could play with. Poor Evie and poor you, fingers crossed she gets well soon.

More {{{Vibes}}} to Evie.