Please cross everything .very lame horse

debsflo

Visit site
My lovley mare is very lame on the same leg she did her ddft about 4 years ago. Vet on way but cant find heat or swelling anywhere. She is 22 and my happy hack but am worried sick about her. Yesterday a neighbour was shooting so i wonder if she has damaged something as she hates gunshot. on box rest as we speak ,everything from tendons,laminitis ,ligaments in my head and thinking the worst. She is my horse of a lifetime had her for 12 years..

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Fingers crossed for her. Don't worry too much until you know what you're dealing with. My horse went extremely lame after recovering from a very long period of rehabilitation and I really thought that it was the end of the road. Vet arrived, and few minutes later said it was an abscess. Opened it up and sorted. Horse happy again.
I really hope it's something as simple for you.

TigerTail

Visit site
I had exactly the same as MSR last week, a week of tubbing and poulticing and she's doing ok :)

Best of luck

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Hoping your horse is ok. It's such a heart sinking feeling when they go lame again, but it could be something quite unrelated to the original injury and quite sortable.

debsflo

Visit site
Well vet is convinced its her foot not a tendon probably bruised or twisted her foot. She is noticabely sounder already and has had some pain relief and to have quiet paddock rest for a couple of weeks. Also spoke to neighbour who was shooting and he was v reasonable although was attempting to shoot a fox will try and let me know in advance of any planned shoots..thanks for support.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Well vet is convinced its her foot not a tendon probably bruised or twisted her foot. She is noticabely sounder already and has had some pain relief and to have quiet paddock rest for a couple of weeks. Also spoke to neighbour who was shooting and he was v reasonable although was attempting to shoot a fox will try and let me know in advance of any planned shoots..thanks for support.

Thank you for the update. Very good news!

Tnavas

Visit site
Fingers crossed for her. Don't worry too much until you know what you're dealing with. My horse went extremely lame after recovering from a very long period of rehabilitation and I really thought that it was the end of the road. Vet arrived, and few minutes later said it was an abscess. Opened it up and sorted. Horse happy again.
I really hope it's something as simple for you.

Just what I was thinking too, could be an abscess. Fingers crossed for you both.