Please don't laugh at me....

Irishcobs

Visit site
But what age can you feed apples, carrots etc to youngsters? At work we don't give them to anything under 3 yrs old. I never thought about it before but surely they can eat them?

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I was making toys out of carrots, apples and bits of bailer twine for Allie when she was weaned at 4 1/2 months
laugh.gif

baybeejay01

community.webshots.com
Fed my mare apples and carrots before and after giving birth and baby just helped himself from a very early age! Never had any problems, he also had mints from about 3 months old, nothing like a bit of good old bribery to get a potential 16hh colt to like you!!
wink.gif

ali985

Visit site
My foal from this year was eating/ trying to eat carrots and apples from mums bowlfrom about 2 and a half months, was eating polos from about 3 months and we have never had any probs just cut them up really fine

flyingfeet

Visit site
At studs I don't think treats are such a good idea in a herd of youngsters, but might be more to do with employees getting squished!!

Foals can technically eat apples when they are picking at grass, so I doubt their are any digestive reasoning behind the restriction.

However a large bunch of pushy foals wanting tit bits, is probably highly hazardous for humans!!!
grin.gif