please don't shoot me down.....

FairyLights

Visit site
we are fine but I had to water the tubs in the garden yesterday. Wil be needing rain for the fields by next week though if it dissent rain soon.

9tails

Visit site
Yes, I believe we do need a drop of rain. My grass is fine at the moment, but it won't last without a bit of moisture.

HashRouge

Visit site
I don't want grass for my two as they're on restricted grazing, so I'm quite happy with things the way they are! They are still on their winter field which fared very well over winter, but I've now split it in half so they are only on 1 1/2 acres rather than 3. So I can strip graze if they need more grass, but what we've got in the field is perfect at present for two lami prone ponies.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
yup, they put the sprinkler on the lawn yesterday! Mine doesn't need the grass but they won't be allowed to stay out at night/stop coming in at 2 pm until it grows :p.

rowan666

Visit site
god where are you people!? weve had several local shows cancelled of late because of rain and its raining now! im praying it stays dry the rest of the wk so shows can go ahead this wkend

9tails

Visit site
god where are you people!? weve had several local shows cancelled of late because of rain and its raining now! im praying it stays dry the rest of the wk so shows can go ahead this wkend

Not Cheshire! I'm South East and there are desert cracks in the ground.

samleigh

Visit site
I'm Lincolnshire and had the same thought this morning too..could do with a good nights rain, mainly for the grass, I want to turn out 24/7 (no hay allowed in the fields unfortunately) & the tracks have gone from too slippery to canter to too hard in what seems a week :-(

twiggy2

Visit site
a bit of rain between the hours of 4 and 6 am would be just fine-have finished rolling and harrowing the fields today so it would be perfect if we had a small amount of the wet stuff

WelshD

Visit site
a good downpour overnight would be useful

Soooo looking at replies so far its rain only overnight, not in Cheshire, light in Lincolnshire, lots in the south east and not enough to prevent shows going ahead at the weekend

I think that would be ok

L&M

Visit site
Welsh D - that sounds about right!!

though I am in Shropshire, so surprised neighbouring Cheshire has had it bad recently.....we did have a lot a couple of weeks ago and sadly our local BE was cancelled due to flooding, but we went schooling at the same venue and it had already recovered by the following week.

Bernster

Visit site
Bang !!

Grass seems pretty good round our way atm and I am thoroughly enjoying the lovely weather. But your wish will be granted soon enough, I'm sure, just hope it's not when I have some fun outings and Badders visit planned please !

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
OP, I too am the same :redface3:

NW Surrey, fields dry as a bone, harrowed & rolled, no rain forecast in the coming 10 days. V lucky I have chubbers (or prone to be!) as others round me are having to hay feed again now.

Darkwater

Visit site
I have hardly any grass yet and my field is still soggy from the downpours we had at the weekend. In fact it has just started raining again now.. So no, no more rain thanks, some sun would be nice!

pansymouse

Visit site
I was told by the lawn care person that I had to water the lawn after she reseeded the bald patches on Monday (some bugs ate the roots after I spent a fortune on getting right last summer :( ).

w1bbler

Visit site
Yo wants rain, he's rolled harrowed & re- seeded where needed & the birds are really enjoying his grass seed! We are on Dartmoor.
I'm quite happy as my lammy prone is still out 24/7 in a large field & all 3 look great. Dont want the grass to grow any faster & am dreading rain as I think she'll need to come in part of the day / be muzzled.

Vanha12

Visit site
Not really!! we had plenty of rain at the weekend and it's 7 degrees and raining again now with a very stiff breeze!! Be careful what you wish for ;-)

Annagain

Visit site
We had our riding club camp at Stockland Lovell over the last few days and while the weather was beautiful, the ground was a little on the hard side! Back home now and the mud is turning to dust and the grass is growing but far more slowly than I'd like, so yes a little bit of rain wouldn't go amiss - only overnight and only enough for the grass to have a good drink though, not enough to bring the mud back!