Please Help!!! I need some wellies to help my plantar fasciitis

Trekker

Visit site
Hi everyone, I've suffered with plantar fasciitis in both of my feet for a year now. My heels are so sore and painfull. Can anyone recommend any good wellies that help support your feet. I've tried the orthaheel inner soles.. I've got inner soles from the hospital too.. But neither seem to help. Any advice welcome 😀

Goldenstar

Visit site
I simply could not use Wellies at all.
I had to wear ariats they where the only thing that in any way helped .
Ariat do make Wellies now so perhaps try a pair of those .
A good physio can do a lot to relieve the pain so perhaps try to find a good private one who does a lot runners as they often suffer .
ETA freeze a bottle of mineral water then roll your foot back and forwards to relive the pain .

Bubblewrap

Visit site
I had this problem a couple of years ago, caused by some very cheap and worn down wellies, I feel for you, it was agony and I still had to do horses dogs etc. I bought a pair of expensive walking boots, it was summer and I lived in them instead of wellies. Then at the beginning of winter I bought some La Chameaus. Very expensive cure, but I was desperate. Took about 9 months though and no problems since.

Toffee44

Visit site
As a runner who had it DO NOT wear wellies. I ache if I spend more than an hour in wellies now.

Maybe get some lace up muckers with insoles in?!?

Only way I got rid of it was religious calf stretching and foam rolling. Tennis ball rolling on my foot. And seeing a physio.

Trekker

Visit site
I wear ariat short boots to ride in and they help my feet.. But the fields are so muddy and boggy I need some kind of welly or long boot

gunnergundog

Visit site
Tennis ball, frozen potatoes, private podiatrist who does proper gait assessment is your way forwards. Off the shelf orthotics won't help or only do minimal.
I wear Le Chameau wellies with custom orthotics.

Last edited:

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I second the walking boots instead of wellies. Wellies are not good for feet. If you have to wear them, a good heal insert can help a bit. (And it really has been rather necessary to wear wellies this wet winter, hasn't it!)

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Hi everyone, I've suffered with plantar fasciitis in both of my feet for a year now. My heels are so sore and painfull. Can anyone recommend any good wellies that help support your feet. I've tried the orthaheel inner soles.. I've got inner soles from the hospital too.. But neither seem to help. Any advice welcome ��
I had this too and sadly mine went on to my tendon's tearing and my arches collapsing

You might find buying jelly heels good a relief like these I did http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-X-PAIR-...069524?hash=item20cdc31c54:g:4EkAAOSwPcVVmuBJ

I went here >>http://www.theluxtonclinic.co.uk/

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site

BlairandAzria

Visit site
I've just got Aigle ISO parcours - they are FANTASTIC, they are designed as a Walking boot welly, sturdy sole, supportive ankle and 4.5m of neoprene ... It feels like walking on air, they are so comfy, bouncy, soft and squishy like jelly. Aigle do say that it takes a second to get used to them as they are so light and springy. They are toasty warm as well. I literally could not be more impressed with them , they are pricy but worth every penny....so much better than any other welly or country boot. And I've always been an ariat grasmere girl.....