Please help me find a stallion!! Also genetics? Long one!

HorsesandParrots

Visit site
Right, so I have put a lot of thought into it and decided to put my mare into foal 2016. Subject to a final check from the vet to make sure all is okay!

She has an extremely amazing temperament and fantastic conformation to match. She is dark brown- although black most of the year and stands at 15.1hh though carries much bigger. She has fantastic feet and does not require shoes- and has never had any soundness or behavioural issues. Earlier this year I had her legs scanned and the vet was amazed by how good they are for a horse that is in competition work- there are no changes to her hocks. I have owned her since I rescued her aged 2.

She is schooling Medium Dressage and jumps a course of SJ and XC around 1m10 with ease (we've only done one BE90 so far) She also drives, which she loves and goes hacking almost everyday and hunts in the season. She has also done some film work as she can rear and bow on command :)

I am putting her into foal to keep for myself- and although I know I cannot get another her i'm wanting something as close as possible!

Movement wise my mare is very supple and springy, which a fantastic hind leg I don't want to lose and a big, powerful action. She could however be more uphill and she can take a while to relax. She is very similar to a spanish horse.

I'm looking for a stallion with a good attitude and conformation, and between 15.2 and 16.2. I am aiming to get a black/dark brown foal!

So far I have seen Eros - http://www.shovernstud.co.uk/eros.shtml

Wolkenderry - http://www.stallionsonline.co.uk/stallion_29410.html

Franklyn Sugar- http://www.sugarhousestud.co.uk/

Dante Inferno http://www.stallionsonline.co.uk/stallion_58099.html

but i honestly have no clue and would really appreciate some help.
Thank you

Oscar

Visit site
Wolkenderry has been gelded now so may only be available frozen.

Franklin Sugar is stunning and carries both jumping and dressage bloodlines so would suit for an all rounder. I would look at his foals and see how he is stamping his stock.

sporthorsefrance

Visit site
It's always a bit of a lottery. You need a lot of luck, believe in your gut instinct & do your homework. It's never a cert. I had a really orange chestnut from a mare who had previously born only dark brown foals. Threw back 6 generations! There are no hard & fast rules to breeding I'm afraid. Good luck!

ihatework

Visit site
Rotspon? Proven producer, not overly big, throws mostly dark, with a reasonable jumping index (for a dressage horse)

marotelle

Visit site
Hi;
Have you had a look at 'Finest'?
He is by Furstenball out of Wie Weltmeyer, I believe her first foal is St Moritz jr.Finest is trully stunning, I believe Charlotte Dujardin has got one of his foals, which comes from The
Mount St John's Equestrian center, a colt named 'Finest Hour'.
He only throws bay/brown or black.I have seen six of his offsprings: they are powerful movers and have alot of presence.
My mare has been screened in foal to him and should be due on May 21st, she lost her foal
last year so I am having her screened again, the vet is coming on tuesday, fingers crossed
all is going well this time!
If you google Finest's foals you will be able to judge for yourself,he is still very young but here in Europe he has aquired quite a following. I believe elliefiz who is on this forum ;has two mares infoal to him, I can't wait for 2016!

HorsesandParrots

Visit site
Thank you all for your replies!! I have only just seen them as for whatever reason have not been coming to my email.

I will have a look at the above! ^

It's so hard!! x

HorsesandParrots

Visit site
Hi;
Have you had a look at 'Finest'?
He is by Furstenball out of Wie Weltmeyer, I believe her first foal is St Moritz jr.Finest is trully stunning, I believe Charlotte Dujardin has got one of his foals, which comes from The
Mount St John's Equestrian center, a colt named 'Finest Hour'.
He only throws bay/brown or black.I have seen six of his offsprings: they are powerful movers and have alot of presence.
My mare has been screened in foal to him and should be due on May 21st, she lost her foal
last year so I am having her screened again, the vet is coming on tuesday, fingers crossed
all is going well this time!
If you google Finest's foals you will be able to judge for yourself,he is still very young but here in Europe he has aquired quite a following. I believe elliefiz who is on this forum ;has two mares infoal to him, I can't wait for 2016!

Just looked at him- wow!! Looks very similar to my mare <3 However a little out of my budget but such a shame!- he's gorgeous! x

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
I recommended Franklyn Sugar to a friend of mine and she has a very smart filly foal this year. Very pleased with what he added to the equation in terms of refinement and a super hind end.
Well worth heading to the BBSH Stallion Show in January as I bet some of your short listed stallions would be there.
I see someone recommended Rotspon as a choice. I used him myself this year, frozen semen. Mare took first time so I have a spare dose sitting in the tank. I used him to add ridability and a little more bone to my very elegant Trakehner mare. Don't expect him to add too much height.

rachk89

Visit site
I am posting this stallion purely because he is the sire of my gelding.

http://www.stallionsonline.co.uk/stallion_58870.html

He has impressive lines and fantastic movement. I have heard that foals from these lines are very well mannered, easy to train and have fantastic movement. My gelding fits all of that and more, he is currently 6 and I have yet to hear a bad word about him which is after he has been seen and ridden by many different instructors from the yard and away from it. Yeah he has his moments of 'spooking' like tonight he thought the tractor might eat him but his spooking is a wide eyed look of fear and that's it. Sometimes he might step sideways once but that's rare. Compared to the other youngsters on the yard he is brilliant and people are usually shocked that he is 6 no one thinks he acts like that age. Sorry it's too easy to talk about him :)

Not sure if he is too expensive but for what you would get it would be worth it to me. I would get another if I could afford another horse.*

tobiano1984

Visit site
I have a 3yo gelding by Franklyn Sugar out of a hannoverian mare (Grade A SJ damline). I didn't breed him myself but got him unhandled straight from stud a few months ago. Have to say he has a temperament to die for and is so far the easiest horse I've ever backed - hasn't put a foot wrong and behaves better than my older cobs! He's quite gangly and under-developed at the moment (possibly as was left to grow naturally out at grass) but so far seeing a phenomenal walk - real panther like and very uphill with a vast over track. Haven't really pushed the other paces as he's only been ridden a handful of times! I've seen a few of Frank's babies (the oldest are only 3 I believe) and they also seem to be lovely mannered and easy going.