please help me :)

Lippyx

Essex... In my bubble, floating above reality!!
Visit site
How big do you tend to jump? If its less than 3ft, then as long as you give with your hands, you shouldn't need to fold your body as much.
Unfortunately, the only way I learn't to sit up afterwards was when a horse bucked after the jump and I done a nose dive!

Just school with small jumps, and really concerntrate on your position, and have an instructor to hand to help you! grids help also, because as soon as you have jumped you have to sit up, and prepare for the next one!

Have you got any videos of you jumping, so we can see how bad it is? Sometimes it feels worse than it looks!!

Oh, notice your a newbie too, so welcome to the forum!! xx

Carefreegirl

Visit site
One exercise my instructor makes me do if I get over excited is jump standing up. I have to approach the fence (in canter obviously) and stand up at least two corners before the fence. I have to stand upright as if I was standing on the ground and go over the fence without folding, it's also a great exercise as I tend to drop my shoulders before the fence. It also keeps your lower leg forward. Both those habits can make you lose your balance hence the tipping forward. He makes me do this over various heights from 2ft to 3ft. A swiss ball is great for exercise as it strengthens you core stability making you stronger in the stomach region.

Visit site
thanks im having a lesson later so i will try that and tell you how i get on. Also do you know any tips on how to sit in my seat when going over the jump because i tend to get launched foward thanks for the help xx

Flicker

Visit site
Instructor always has me do something after the jump so I have to sit up and take back control. Once, she put herself in a chair just after the jump and told me that if I ran her over she would sue me.
It meant that I was going into the jump thinking about what I would have to do at the other side, so the jump was just something that I had to get over before I could do what she'd told me to (if that makes sense)...
You are then not concentrating on the jump, and so tending not to throw yourself into 'jumping position' but concentrating on keeping the horse going collected so you don't run your instructor over!
That might help.

CeeBee

Visit site
I'm rubbish at jumping and do exactly the same as you. However my friend gave me a good tip (but probably not 'correct' riding). To sit up straight and push your heels right down and toes out so you are 'locked' in the saddle - worked for me!