Please help, need some calming vibes!

cazza

community.webshots.com
Ok you are all going to PYSL at this one. But have a tournament on tomorrow and since this morning feel really sick and nervous. I know I'm not the best with my nerves but this is getting rediculous. I can't eat as I feel sick. I will be fine once I have actually got the horse on the pitch but up until that moment all I want to do is either throw up or run for the loo. HELP
crazy.gif

Booboos

Visit site
I feel exactly the same before every show and if you watch closely on TV even the professionals look paralysed with nerves sometimes! Try to relax and think positive, I am sure you'll have a great time when you get there!

Good luck!

kerilli

Visit site
either try to distract yourself completely, don't even let yourself think about it, or ask yourself whether you'd be relieved or disappointed if you suddenly found out now that you couldn't go. if the latter (as i suspect) then your subconscious really does want you to go and have fun, so trust in that.

cazza

community.webshots.com
Thanks Kerilli and Booboos, I do really want to go and I am really looking forward to it. But my stomach feels like I've eaten all of MacDonalds then done a few trips on a roller coaster. I feel so frustrated as I know I'll enjoy the weekend but where these nerves come from I have no idea. Is there anything I can take to make me feel a bit better, but nothing that will make me drowsy as I am driving the horses down this afternoon.

zoesophie

Visit site
Hiya luv - have you tried some of that rescue remedy? A mate of mine was like you before every comp and since finding this she swears by it!

Oh and good luck
grin.gif

PS - dont fill your hip flask too much, you may wobble off
wink.gif

Gorgeous George

Visit site
I'm not sure I can offer advice as I am hopeless before shows etc. but I have to say rescue remedy is great stuff, as are larch drops for helping with confidence.

Sue1

New User
Visit site
Hi, the best way to calm yourself is to first of all catch what you're saying to yourself that is getting you in a state to start with!

Once you hear that you are telling yourself that things will go wrong, it is then much easier to decide to think happier thoughts. The only way you can feel bad is when you are thinking bad things. Decide to think good things.

Hope this is helpful ... it works for me anyway.