Please help; Stable/grazing exeter area

obarnes

New User
Visit site
Good evening,

I am looking for a new home for our two girls - ideally DIY.

We live near the Clyst Heath area of Exeter - (close to M5, J30) and are hunting for a new yard within approx 10-15 miles if possible. All year turnout during the summer is preferrable but would like to have the option of a stable for the winter. School/flat paddock an advantage.

Any help gratefully received!

xXMrsIrishXx

Visit site
I know of a small DIY yard just on the edge of Ide that has stables and grazing available. If you are still looking i can pm you the chaps number :)

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Mmmmm, J Howard - where are you????

There's a yard at Poltimore I believe? Or there used to be anyway, but sorry don't know what they're called, but do know how to get to it. So if you want to know, PM me.

Also there's a big yard up near to the Killerton/motorway bridge - again can't quite remember the name (age!!!) but someone on here will for sure. Its a big yard, more suitable for if you want to compete etc.

There is a yard - which is in the East Devon area, which personally I would avoid. I'll PM you with the name.

There's other places up on Haldon Hill; but have no personal knowledge.

The other thing you could do is go over to Countrywide/Town & Country supplies which is at Crannaford near to the old A30 (quite near to you!) and have a look at their notice board, and/or put up a notice saying you're looking for livery.

Good luck anyway.

katherine1975

Visit site
Here are some yard names that I know of but don't have any experience of any of them. Newhall Equestrian Centre, Hitts Barton, Upton Pyne, Hyperion Stud. I would also look at adverts in Town and Country and Mole Valley (Cullompton).

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Ah yes, Newhall, that's it! I was tryin' to remember the name of it. I think they're brill if you're looking for a competition/hunting yard; quite high-powered I'd think, and probably not exactly the place you'd take a hairy-heeled pony!

OP what exactly are you looking for? DIY or full/working livery? Any particular preferences as to area?

I don't know if she's still there, but Natalie Santon had a yard up near Ashclyst Forrest somewhere? But donno if she's still there coz the last time I tried her mobile got no reply. But if you'd like to try her mobile again I've got her number. Just a thought.

KazzOnAPiano

Visit site
I know of plenty in the Ide/Whitestone/Haldon area, all small yards though. I know one which definitely has vacancies, if you are interested in being in Ide I'll pm you the details rather than put them on the forum.

Otherwise - I watch with interest - I am looking for a small yard in the Woodbury area right now. I don't really know that side of Exeter for yards at all so feel in a bit of a pickle!