Please help what is my riding ability ?

Visit site
Visit site
I turned 14 a week roughly after I posted that I wouldn’t lie about my age and I know I am a minor and my mum and dad who are both very competent riders will help me pick out a suitable horse for loaning Xx
Sorry I just realised I’m not 14 and a half more like 14 and a tiny bit my maths was never a strong point Xx

windand rain

Visit site
The problem you will face is being under 18 as most people are wary of having children on the yard especially tall teenagers as there is a chance you will be full on teenage rider with little or no respect for horse or owner. Sadly this has been my experience with teen riders

Visit site
The problem you will face is being under 18 as most people are wary of having children on the yard especially tall teenagers as there is a chance you will be full on teenage rider with little or no respect for horse or owner. Sadly this has been my experience with teen riders
I’m sorry that you have come across teenagers like that I hope that I can find a sharer if I assure them that my mum will always be with em to help and discipline me I’m sure if needed and I don’t mind riding ponies if no body with a horse wants children or teenagers riding them so I hope I can find a share Xx

windand rain

Visit site
I wish you luck it is more than one lot of teens that has coloured my judgement so dont be surprised if you come across the same in others and the reluctance to have teens on the yard due to insurance issues.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I would imagine with the combined experience of your parents they would be best placed to comment on how experienced you are, having actually seen you ride, rather than a bunch of randoms on a forum who only have your posts to go off.

That said, FWIW rightly or wrongly I tend to put those that say they can sit a bolter in the same camp as those that tell me they galloped a big stallion across a beach the very first time they rode a horse. I've been riding for 20+ years now and fortunately have only been bolted with once, and believe me it is not something I ever wish to repeat again, and certainly not something I'd be advertising when looking for a share horse.

Visit site
I would imagine with the combined experience of your parents they would be best placed to comment on how experienced you are, having actually seen you ride, rather than a bunch of randoms on a forum who only have your posts to go off.

That said, FWIW rightly or wrongly I tend to put those that say they can sit a bolter in the same camp as those that tell me they galloped a big stallion across a beach the very first time they rode a horse. I've been riding for 20+ years now and fortunately have only been bolted with once, and believe me it is not something I ever wish to repeat again, and certainly not something I'd be advertising when looking for a share horse.
Yes my mum and dad have both give me what they think my riding ability is I just wanted to hear others opinions

the reason I was bolted was because my dad decided to put me on a 4 year old ex racer who had just come in my mum didn’t speak to him for a week after that I am definitely not exaggerating and trust me the first time I rode I only sat there while my dad held me up lol Xx

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
In that case, in honesty I'd be guided by what your mum and dad think. As annoying as it is, I imagine most people considering sharing with a teen will want to speak to your parents anyway so in your shoes I'd probably just show them any ads you find and get them to make contact with the owner if there's one they think sounds suitable for you.

Nari

Visit site
Some of this is quite different to what you're posting on another forum, and from the pictures you posted there I'd not say that you were riding at novice dressage level and working elementary, and your jumping looked to be very much that of a riding school rider. I think there's a lot of fantasy in your posts, and I hope you are very careful if your parents do agree on you getting a share because I feel there is a vast difference between the rider you think you are and the reality.

Visit site
My parents are
Some of this is quite different to what you're posting on another forum, and from the pictures you posted there I'd not say that you were riding at novice dressage level and working elementary, and your jumping looked to be very much that of a riding school rider. I think there's a lot of fantasy in your posts, and I hope you are very careful if your parents do agree on you getting a share because I feel there is a vast difference between the rider you think you are and the reality.
both very competent riders and only recently I have started dressage so this is only a guess based one the moves I can complete (leg yield, turn on forehand etc, these am Still finessing because they are not yet perfect and I know I need to work on them )as I don’t compete at the moment my parents wouldn’t let me agree on getting a share if they didn’t think I was a capable rider I have ridden difficult horses and yes I do jump at a riding school this riding school my aunt mum and dad and think is very good at teaching theory striding telling you horse when to jump jump changing legs over fences and has much more experienced riders than other places I have tried. Out I will post some photos of me jumping and yes I’m aware I am still learning all riding I am not claiming to brilliant I wanted to see others opinions I would say I am a confident novice who is happier riding more nappy / difficult horses I’m sorry but I don’t live in a fantasy about my riding I know I have posted small jumps etc on other forums to ask on position and I know I am a novice jumper. I know you aren’t trying to mean and I agree that it would be very dangerous for a beginner rider to fantasied and tell sharers the wrong information this is why I was asking everyone here what they thought i was so I could be as accurate as possible Xx

Arzada

Visit site
My parents are

both very competent riders and only recently I have started dressage so this is only a guess based one the moves I can complete (leg yield, turn on forehand etc, these am Still finessing because they are not yet perfect and I know I need to work on them )as I don’t compete at the moment my parents wouldn’t let me agree on getting a share if they didn’t think I was a capable rider I have ridden difficult horses and yes I do jump at a riding school this riding school my aunt mum and dad and think is very good at teaching theory striding telling you horse when to jump jump changing legs over fences and has much more experienced riders than other places I have tried. ... I know you aren’t trying to mean and I agree that it would be very dangerous for a beginner rider to fantasied and tell sharers the wrong information this is why I was asking everyone here what they thought i was so I could be as accurate as possible Xx

It seems that you have at least 4 people who know about your riding experience ie your aunt, parents and riding teacher so they are surely better placed to to comment on your ability than anyone on a forum who doesn't know you and hasn't seen you ride.