Please keep your fingers crossed - colic surgery

Splishsplash

Visit site
He's been stable throughout today. He STILL hasn't pooed and I am getting extremely anxious now as we got to 'day 4' of introducing food last time before he colicked again and tomorrow will be the new 'day 4'. If we get through tonight OK, I am going to be a huge bag of paranoid nerves tomorrow!!

risky business

Visit site
Really hoping there's some movement today, my horse has been through colic surgery (different surgery from your lad)! I really hope he makes a full recovery.

pigpony

Visit site
Just letting you know I'm still thinking of you both ....I check in twice a day to this thread! I've been through colic surgery with my boy and I know how scary it is. You are forever obsessed with poo! Come on George POOOOO!!xx

HaffiesRock

Visit site
Just checking in. Ive never wanted a stranger to tell me about their horses bowel movements as much as I want you too tell me George has pooed SplishSplash!

Everything crossed for good news xxx

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I haven't posted before, but I too have been checking on this thread several times a day. I also had a horse successfully, but not without complications, go through major colic surgery so I know how hard it can be. Sending vibes to you all and praying for poo. xxxxx

Splishsplash

Visit site
He's been OK throughout today, although I'm still really anxious as he's still a long way from being out of the woods. He did one poo late last night and one this morning before I got to the vets (one of the lovely vets described it as beautiful...I never thought I'd hear someone use that word to describe a poo!!). BUT he didn't do one whilst I was there,and I was there for about 9 hours,so the poo is still being illusive as far as I'm concerned. Obviously 2 poos in a 24 hour period isn't normal horse poo behaviour, so he needs to be going more frequently. We've started to really increase the food portions he's getting today (this is where we hit problems last time and he colicked again) so I'm quite scared by this. If he colics and starts refluxing again, I think the vets will say we have to call it a day.

Last edited:

starryeyed

Visit site
I've only just seen this thread but I have everything crossed for you and am sending all the positive vibes I have your way, you're both in my thoughts xx

haras

Visit site
Thats really positive news!!!!!!!!!! :)

I really hope he's fine with the increased food intake.

I'm pretty sure that when my mare first poo ed again after her surgery it was pretty infrequent, as she wasn't eating much at all. But, the fact that he has produced poo means that his guts are working as they should and are pushing the poo through, which is fantastic!!!

So pleased for you and George :)

Charem

Visit site
:D
Good job George, now give those poor stable lads/lasses a really pooey stable to muck out please.

Fingers crossed he continues to improve, he really is a fighter.