Please please be careful who you loan your horses to

Amaranta

Visit site
This is the story from the owner:

the skinny close up pictures are of my TB mare Minstrel when i got her back off ****** at the end of November 2012,supposedly on 3 meals a day and hay. the one in the field is approx June 2013 when i had started to get her to proper weight , the last picture is 29th November 2013 , no hard feed just grass and haylage . PLEASE PLEASE don't let this woman near your animals , thank you Tina xxx

Lady La La

Visit site
Horrendous. The very same person that claimed to have rescued an elderly ex broodmare, before putting her straight back in foal to an unregistered colt? :(
Ive seen talk on facebook of her looking for another TB to loan, so I would advise anyone that is thinking of putting a horse on loan, to proceed with caution when considering homes, so as not to land your horse with this woman. Or the other infamous female JY who is *still* doing the rounds :(

Amaranta

Visit site
That's be the one, soz people can't see the pictures, used to know how to put them on here lol, now all I seem to be able to do is link them :(

Amaranta

Visit site
photo.php

Does that one work?

Lady La La

Visit site
Hopefully enough people will see what needs to be seen, and potential loaners will see this thread and proceed with caution. There are two names on the equine circuit that crop up over and over again... there have been numerous posts about the pair of them on here, and on facebook and yet they still seem to manage to con people into giving them their horses :(

Amaranta

Visit site
Wow you must be so upset.

It's not my horse, but yes the owner is very upset. She did report to the RSPCA but apparently because the horse was now safe they were not iterested. This woman does have other horses, one of which she got from the Welsh Hoarder, that poor mare is still with her and despite her protestations that the poor old girl would never see another stallion, she has put her in foal to an unregistered appy :(

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
It's not my horse, but yes the owner is very upset. She did report to the RSPCA but apparently because the horse was now safe they were not iterested. This woman does have other horses, one of which she got from the Welsh Hoarder, that poor mare is still with her and despite her protestations that the poor old girl would never see another stallion, she has put her in foal to an unregistered appy :(

BLOODY HELL

typical RSPCA comment.

glad horses safe now

Ladyinred

Visit site
Is this the same woman who is reported to be trying to get 93 ponies from someone who is giving up breeding? I wouldn't rate their chances if it is.

Baggage

Visit site
Poor mare :( Pleased to hear she is back with loving owner now. What on earth possess people to collect horses they then neglect?

ihatework

Visit site
As well as being careful who you loan them too it is crucial to perform regular spot checks - the horse is ultimately still the owners responsibility.

Going back about 4 years now I loaned one of mine out. I checked on him unannounced 2 weeks later, was very unhappy with what I witnessed (both with my horse and a couple of others), and collected him from the premises shortly after. I hate to think what state he would have been in had I left it a couple of months.

Ironically the silly bint that loaned him contacted me on FB recently about another of mine I'm loaning out - she had conveniently 'forgotten/denied' ever having had the horse!!

Amaranta

Visit site
I do agree, but in this case, apparently, on the owners second visit the horse had been hidden and she had to fight to get her back, she was gone six months (summer ones at that). The woman who loaned him has a history of abuse allegedly and is still touting for more horses, she has no remorse and, after, denying she had ever had the horse, showed no remorse when pictures were put up showing that she obviously had.

babymare

Visit site
Regardless of being on loan or not who would do this to a horse (or any animal) and not look and think the horse is suffering. How can people be so blind. And i worked for HAPPA many years ago and thought had seen worse. Now adays its horrific and constant. will it end?

tankgirl1

Visit site
Poor girl! So sad!

There are a lot of loan horror stories out there, I just wanted to say that some of us are good eggs! We have had Boyo on full loan for about 3 months now, and he wants for nothing. We are happy for his owner to turn up unannounced whenever (although she always lets us know), and keep in regular contact. If anything I think we are worry more about him because he isn't actually ours... does that make sense? Because we acknowledge what a huge leap of faith it must have been for his mum to let us move yards and move from part to full loan.