Please pray for her

Lady La La

Visit site
My beautiful starla horse has banged her head. She has fractured her skull and is suffering severe neurological problems. She has no control over her balance and is breathing in air through the hole in her head. She currently has no sight at all and is bleeding from her nose. Vet has given her a hundred different injections including pain killers. He is coming back this afternoon to see if the swelling on her brain and neurological problems have subsided, if no improvement we will have to say goodbye. He assured me at this moment she is pain free just probably very confused. Please all, give her your best vibes I feel like my heart is breaking for her.

cobgirlie

Visit site
I'm so sorry. All my thoughts are with you both and healing vibes sent to your girl. xxx

If you would like I have some friends who do Reiki, they would happily send some to her if I ask. I'm not sure how much of it I believe in but it's certainly been a god send for my old boy when he needed it.

Lady La La

Visit site
I'm trying to stay positive, I was all ready for the vet to advise immediate pts but he seems hopeful that we will see some improvement by his next visit. He seemed reluctant to pts until he could better determin the extent of damage to her brain which I can only guess has got to be a positive. She is standing but swaying, and looks very sleepy. I guess it's just a waiting game for my beautiful girl now

riding_high

Visit site
blimey what a horrific thing to happen.

sending lots of good vibes your way. hope when the vet comes back out there has been a big improvement.
fingers crossed

tinkandlily

Visit site
A friends horse also fractured his skull, he was 17.2 and she tied him under a low roof, he reared and bashed his head, he also had a hole in his head, and thankfully he recovered, hope this had made you feel better and your mare recovers also.

Iceni

Visit site
Having suffered concussion myself, it does take a long time to get yourself right (took me a month). I couldn't walk straight nor think straight and my doctor told me this was because fluid around the brain swells in order to protect it, so until that slowly subsided it takes a long time for your brain to work again. I don't know if the above is the same for horses, but if it is and as your vet is being positive, then I would hold on to the idea it maybe she's just going to need a bit of time and TLC to behave and feel normal again. People usually make full recoveries, so here's hoping your mare will too xxx