Please recommend a suitable Haas body brush (or similar) for dog

Odyssey

Visit site
I bet that's never been asked before! ? I use a cheap body brush on my dog, but after reading about Haas brushes I'd like to get a good quality brush that will feel nice to him, and if it makes him a bit shinier, that would be a bonus. He's a greyhound, so has a thin coat that takes very little brushing. They really are the ultimate low maintenance dog, even after a muddy walk he just needs his paws wiped.

Odyssey

Visit site
I did quite a bit of research into Haas brushes, I can't believe how many there are! My goodness it's complicated. In the end I ordered a Welsh brush, which apparently is a medium soft body brush, a Fellglanz for finishing/polishing, and a curry comb to remove hair from them. He's going to be the dog with the most expensive brushes on the block, and possibly the shiniest! I might be starting a new Haas dog brushing trend. ? If I really like them, I might splash out on a couple for my friends pony who I ride. I enjoy grooming, and will even more so if the pony ends up looking nice and shiny.

Odyssey

Visit site
I’m impressed I have to say - I never groom my greyhounds ? You have made me feel quite guilty, maybe this is something I need to start doing ?

Ha ha, but they don't exactly need much grooming, do they. ? He mostly gets a good brushing with a Zoom Groom (which are brilliant for removing hair) when he's moulting. He does love being brushed though, and I enjoy brushing him as long as I'm sitting down, otherwise it kills my back. If the brushes make him nice and shiny it will be a bonus. He's "piebald", so his black bits should come up nicely.

Clodagh

Visit site
Ha ha, but they don't exactly need much grooming, do they. ? He mostly gets a good brushing with a Zoom Groom (which are brilliant for removing hair) when he's moulting. He does love being brushed though, and I enjoy brushing him as long as I'm sitting down, otherwise it kills my back. If the brushes make him nice and shiny it will be a bonus. He's "piebald", so his black bits should come up nicely.

Three of hours love the zoom groom, but young lab calls it (well, you know what I mean) the 'zoom groom of doom' and collapses. :rolleyes: