Please recommend me a big stallion....

alpha1

Visit site
Hi,

I want to put my 16.2hh ISH (Clover and KWPN blood lines) to a big ID or IDx as I would like to try and breed a MW/HW hunter.

I would like a stallion that has a really good strong hind leg.

Any suggestions???

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Hi,

I want to put my 16.2hh ISH (Clover and KWPN blood lines) to a big ID or IDx as I would like to try and breed a MW/HW hunter.

I would like a stallion that has a really good strong hind leg.

Any suggestions???

Where in the country are you - and do you want natural cover of AI? And do you have a colour preference?

only_me

Visit site
You could try Glenhill Gold, coloured eventer who is 16.3 and is part ID? GG is by Saccren hill so plenty of good jumping lines there :)
My boy is by him, and is 17h atm, and growing :eek: :)

alpha1

Visit site
JanetGeorge - I'm in lancashire, wouldnt mind AI and have no preference to colour although i'm not keen on greys. My mare is dark bay.

Only-me - Glenhill Gold is gorgeous and I love coloureds! However i'm looking for something heavier.

angrovestud

Visit site
We have a 16.2 very near 16.3hh he throws very big stock his 2 year old son is 16.3 now his four ear old 17hh they are quiet big stock
He is 3/4TB 1/4 I.D type he is a piebald graded and grade C show jumper
riccoatroyalhighland.jpg

37710_1528829185737_1384937318_1454262_7951965_n1.jpg

BellaprepforBramhamandonthedayJune2.jpg

eventrider23

Visit site
If I wanted pure ID I would echoe Archie.

If IDx then I would say Primitive Star who is HUGE and a perfect hunter tupe...you could get a bus between his front legs!

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Avanti Amorous Archie - an ID. Stunning boy and great temperament.

I'd agree. If you want a BIG MW - or HW hunter - then you need a good, big RID stallion. With a sport horse, there is the risk that the foal will throw to the lighter side of the pedigree.

Archie is shown as 16.2hh because that's what he measured as a 3 year old at grading. He's a bigger boy now - and built like a brick outhouse WITHOUT any loss of quality! He's a true quality heavyweight!

I've used him on pure ID and part-ID mares (daughters of my own stallion who is a grey version of Archie!) for 3 years now - I have 2 x 2 yo fillies, 2 yearling fillies and two colts by him - and another 6 on the way! They are all well built with plenty of bone, attractive heads, and great back-ends! And they move.

And as an added bonus, his semen is first class and Rita makes sure it ALWAYS arrives on time!

Last edited:

angrovestud

Visit site
Just to say you would need a heavy mare to get a hunter from Ricco he was used on a clyde x mare owned by foxfolly and the 2 year old is now 17hh and Big boned like its mum

SmilingMadly

Visit site
Archie! There can surely be no other stallion that meets your requirements. He is the perfect RID and has an adorable temperament, meeting him has been one of my highlights for the ID breed!

alpha1

Visit site
Thanks for your suggestions

Archie is beautiful but MJ Fine Art seems to be a popular choice too!

My mare is sharp so would like a stallion with a laid back temp.

This is soooooooo hard!