PLEASE SIGN PETITION-Very Important For All Animals

mon

Visit site
8 hours i believe, had to take a licence for travelling animals more than 40km, which never been checked, but sometimes want to buy a breeding ram from further a field just travell them carefully, usually in friends smaller livestock trailer with necessary movement tickets. when got £2000 -or more-of rams in trailer going to travel with care.

fburton

Visit site
8 hours i believe, had to take a licence for travelling animals more than 40km, which never been checked, but sometimes want to buy a breeding ram from further a field just travell them carefully, usually in friends smaller livestock trailer with necessary movement tickets. when got £2000 -or more-of rams in trailer going to travel with care.
Thanks, mon. So I assume any EU-wide legislation limiting transport time to 8 hours maximum wouldn't affect us, one way or the other. If that's the case, I can't see why one wouldn't sign the petition if it has even the slightest chance of succeeding in changing the minds of EU politicians.

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
I have signed...but am as always dubious about whether it will have any effect.

See http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp.

Are internet petitions actually dangerous, in that they make us feel we've done something, and we go away...whereas in fact, if it's online it can be dismissed?

(Not that I am entirely sure paper petitions are taken seriously either.)

Thankyou! A repeat quotation, but its very valid - Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have.
Margaret Mead

mon

Visit site
what i think is people need to want to treat animals with respect rather than more red tape, which isnt very well policed, I regulerly transport sheep and last thing i want is to injure one as each one has a value to me,

Spudlet

Visit site
I have signed...but am as always dubious about whether it will have any effect.

See http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp.

Are internet petitions actually dangerous, in that they make us feel we've done something, and we go away...whereas in fact, if it's online it can be dismissed?

(Not that I am entirely sure paper petitions are taken seriously either.)

Well, if you'd like to do more on horse transport.... look no further;)

http://www.worldhorsewelfare.org/you-help/take-action

Go get'em:D

fburton

Visit site
what i think is people need to want to treat animals with respect rather than more red tape, which isnt very well policed, I regulerly transport sheep and last thing i want is to injure one as each one has a value to me,
Okay, I see where you're coming from. But how do we change people's attitudes, particularly in cultures that don't value animals as sentient beings in the same way that we (or many of us) in Britain do?

mon

Visit site
education and a real value of animal and what you achieve with them I need them to rear lambs for meat handle them correctly so carcase not bruised. Of the thousands I must of transported never had fatalatity os serious injury -as i can recall- but had a dread of dogs and sheep jumping gates or hurdles as they all have horizontal bars for a leg to get caught in if the bars were vertical woudnt catch a leg in them.