Please stop frightening me about Livery yards

Flibble

www.annamason-art.co.uk
Ok trying not to moan here but yesterday I assumed they would go out. He had done a fun ride the day before Arrived to discover beacuse of SJ they didnt go out two staff had popped theirs out late (yes they work there and suffer too) so I checked if they were ok for my boy to go out too (he doesnt usually join the little mare) and I then spent nearly 3 hours box walking poo picking tack cleaning just to make sure nobody decided he had to come back in. Went out every so often to check no squabbling occuring then 3 hours later got him in went home and cried. Yes I am wearing my pathetic pants!!

It does say on our agreement that we have no turn out in the winter and limited grazing in the summer but its getting silly. You can understand protecting the grass but not parking lorries on it.

siennamum

Visit site
I understand exactly how you feel. I love turning them out when they have worked hard, they can properly relax and enjoy themselves - especially if the sun is shining.. I think grazing is the most impoortant thing, can you compromise on facilities like an arena and try to find a smaller private yard with spaces.

Flibble

www.annamason-art.co.uk
I really want an arena as I enjoy schooling more than hacking out the hacking out thing is for him the arena is for me the grazing is for us both.

It may be easier just to shoot my self or am I getting over dramatic.

SpottedCat

Visit site
How close to J13 does it need to be? Off the top of my head I can think of 3 places between 14 and 13 which offer what you want, and from where I am guessing you are liveried currently I can think of several more between 12 and 13.....

Flame_

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ok trying not to moan here but yesterday I assumed they would go out. He had done a fun ride the day before Arrived to discover beacuse of SJ they didnt go out.....
It does say on our agreement that we have no turn out in the winter and limited grazing in the summer but its getting silly. You can understand protecting the grass but not parking lorries on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

frown.gif
That's well crap. Dedicate a weekend to missioning around and finding a secret great little livery yard. Even if you have to go on a waiting list, its worth doing in the long run.

Hippona

Visit site
Our summer grazing is good- from the end of march to around about now we have turnout paddocks only - we put extra hay out, YO's father (old farmer) puts hay and carrotts out too...he comes along with his tractor and tips it over the fence, bless him.........but at least my horses can go out every day even when the grass is resting- for as long as I want.

The turnout issue would be the deal breaker with me too.....horses should, I feel, be outside as much as possible.

The facilities at your current may be good....but I would happily go without a menage for turnout/grazing.

Good luck in finding a new yard...I'm sure your stress levels will dissapear when Drifter is happily out munching all day long......
smile.gif

Vicki1986

Visit site
the people on my yard are great. for every down point there are 2 or 3 postives - no where is perfect afterall. but im glad to be on a yard where theres no mistreating or hrses or "borrowing" of kit/feed etc. bitchyness happens in all walks of life, luckily its pretty minimal where im at. everyone is too busy enjoying there horses.

Flibble

www.annamason-art.co.uk
And guess what arrived today to discover ...... SJ on today noone had taken charge on the yard so when the lorries left no horses were turned out.

To my shame I had a tantrum and burst intyo tears in the middle of the yard.