Please take part in my Hi viz and road safety survey.

china

Visit site
Hi all! I am currently collecting data on how many wear hi viz etc and am also collecting data to get a non horsey motorists point of view also. I have long been getting annoyed about the amount of people out not wearing a scrap of hi viz, being hidden by shaded and wooded areas wearing dark clothing. Being a horse watch coordinator, i have the support from avon and somerset constabularly to promote the use of hi viz and to educate yound and old riders the importance of it, but not only this, i will be communicating with non horsey motorists also. If you would take my survey i would very much appreciate it. It isnt very long at all so will take you less than a minute! Please be completely honest. Thank you!

hope the link works!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VD62CQN

Nocturnal

Visit site
Done, but got a bit muxed ip about what was only about hacking and which parts were only about hacking on roads ;)

china

Visit site
Its very intersting so far. Particulalry the riding single file or two abreast, i think some of your responses will be good to use for the non horsey motorist so they dont just think you are being awkward, some of you putting young and nervous horses on the inside etc.

Andalusianlover

Visit site
Done it!

Can I just say though that when I wear my tabard on A and B roads, a lot of the time I find the majority of cars can see me earlier and therefore dont slow down at all (they are idiots)

Another thing is, with regards to riding two abreast, I do this on country roads as to some drivers country roads are like a red rag to a bull. I stay two abreast untill the car slows down then generally I move behind whoever I'm hacking with.

I know wearing hi-viz makes us "more visible" but i'm not convinced it makes drivers approach "us" riders more slowly or carefully.

Ella19

Visit site
Two abrest when I have a nervous or novice rider with me, I will pop them on the inside so they don't panic when the car passes.

I also wear my tabbard so if I cone off in an accident in the woods I can be found easier. This stood me in good sted recently.

I only wear a tabbard but having met many riders on dappled country lanes I shall be investing in leg wraps for the pony as these really do draw your attention as a driver better than just a tabbard.

china

Visit site
Thank you all very much! amazingly 153 have taken part. I really do appreciate it! hopefully this will be the start of something good!