Please take part in this important survey...

ridingsafely

www.ridingsafely.net
Please take just a few minutes to complete the survey at the link below.

It's believed to be the first of its kind to measure the extent and consequences of horse-related injury across the USA, Britain and Australia.

There have been surveys in the past but normally limited to individual countries. Running the survey simultaneously across three countries and gaining comparable data may prove of enormous benefit in improving safety internationally.

Setting up and running surveys is time consuming at the best of times. Going international makes it even more complex. Please do help.

Safety survey for riders

<font color="green">(H&amp;H News online 28/12/2008)</font>

Riders are being urged to add to an international survey to measure the extent and consequences of horse-related injury across the USA, UK and Australia.

The survey was developed by Dr Patricia Evans at Utah State University and has been adapted for international use by Ken Law, editor of British website Riding Safely, and researcher Denzil O'Brien, who has just completed a five-year surveillance programme on the risks in eventing.

The survey is aimed at a wide spectrum of equestrian disciplines and only takes a few minutes to complete.

It runs until February 2009. To take part visit http://eis.ridingsafely.net

<font color="green">This article was first published in Horse &amp; Hound (25 December, '08)</font>

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Done!
smile.gif

Hollycat

Visit site
Done, though it would have been helpful to have included donkeys and mules - particularly since mules are very popular for riding and driving in the USA. Was shocked high vis was not listed as standard safety wear!

Kilbricken

Visit site
Done, I always wear a hat but it did make me think about my use of body armour which I always wear whilst hacking but never in the school.

Although looking at my injuries the worst have been in the school....hmmmm....might reconsider...

It did occur to me whether High Viz counts as safety equip....which I always wear out not least to be seen by cars but also the fact I was wearing mine which was very helpful when I was airlifted by the Helicopter - they could spot me...

I also though about my mobile phone as part of my safety...

Maybe I just think too much!!! or worry too much!!