Please tell me I WILL find a horse one day...

monica987

Visit site
Starting to loose hope - everything that has done anything is over 10k (that meets all my other criteria) - is it me loosing touch with the market...or are poeple barmy? SOmeone tell me it isn't just me
confused.gif
confused.gif

elliebean

Visit site
As someone who is aware of a few good horses that just wont sell at the moment I find this quite interesting-I would have thought now would be a good time to buy. What are you looking for?

I am sorry to hear you are not having much luck-keep persevering and the right horse is out there! x

Starbucks

Visit site
I'm sure you will find the right horse for you.
smile.gif

I think you just have to be realistic, especially if you don't have an unlimited budget!
tongue.gif

It must be hard when your coming from a little super star like sparky though!

monica987

Visit site
I know - I thought it would be too! I am looking for a 15.2 - 16hh 5/6/7 year old to event. Must move well (doesnt have to be BRILL, but good enough) and jump well. Potential to go Novice and maybe above. Budget of 7.5k....

monica987

Visit site
I don't want anything made by any means - something that has just schooled xc, jumped fillers and dressage doesn't have to be great. I am willing to work - everything that has done an intro/pn is going for masses!

monica987

Visit site
It is useful having things to ride isn't it! I have my pick of about 20 horses at the yard
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
But it still isn't the same as having your own!

Supposed to be a buyers market - not for me
tongue.gif
frown.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
Keep looking, it can take months to find the right one
smile.gif
Also ring up about ones that are slightly out of your price range and ask if they'd give you a ring if in a few weeks time and they havent sold, if they are prepared to bring the price down.
smile.gif
You will find something - just have to persevere!
wink.gif

Rosiefan

Visit site
You may have to wait for a month/6 weeks until the season is really finished - then I think people will start to accept reasonable offers. Fingers crossed for you

DollyPentreath

Visit site
Umm.. How about 8 years, will be PN evented by Oct, currently Intro (placed Training, woop!
smirk.gif
), good movement; 30's dr, straightforward, easy xc, pony club camped, 16 hands, hunted, easy peasy hack, lovely chap by Welton Apollo out of a Ben Faerie mare...??
blush.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

I expect that's advertising, bu**er.
crazy.gif

That aside, the 5, 6, 7 year old market is always pretty hot when it comes to anything talented. You'll find something eventually, keep looking.
smile.gif

Charlie-M

www.jumpoff.co.uk
My friend has a nice one for sale- 16hh bay gelding, very nice looking, I thinks its 7/8 yrs, jumped 1.10m's BSJA, nice careful jump, she doesn't event but she hunts and does hunter trials, it won one not long ago so must be fine with XC.....pm me if you want their number
smile.gif

Hanz

Visit site
God I know the feeling, I went to see 20 horses who FIT my criteria when I got my old mare, just on seeing them they just wern't right!

Just keep loooking and don't lose hop or get the first one you see as sod's law says if you rush it something amazing will come along!

Eira

Visit site
I could sell you Sol but...

1 She's nearer 17hands
2 She's 4
3 She's never seen a XC fence in her life
4 I'd probably have to pay for you to take her away
tongue.gif

smirk.gif

You will find something have faith and patience (2 things I lack
tongue.gif
smirk.gif
grin.gif
)

welshone

Visit site
I have a 15.2 5yr old mare, very pretty, super mover but very green!! More like a 4yr old but forward going and lovely temperament. pm me if interested or want to know more.

I_A_P

Visit site
Just keep looking and don't rush into anything. When i went to buy Digby after the amount of horses i looked for with mylast horse i expected to be looking for months- but then he came up within a few weeks.

It is just how it goes, you will find the right one
smile.gif
You have lots of time now anyway
smile.gif